+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really need some help/ideas/advice...i have no clue

Really need some help/ideas/advice...i have no clue

I'll spare you too many details but my boyfriend of 4 years and i moved into a new apartment 3 months ago. Well last night we decided mutually that we are breaking up.

What am i supposed to do? Who moves out? neither of us can afford it on our own. our friends and family just helped us move in. we signed a year lease. !! hellllp. Any suggestions or stories from those who have been thru similar situations would be appreciated
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 10-08-10 at 03:28 AM.
    I think therefore i am, VEGETARIAN

Figure out if you can sublet the place. Talk to your landlord or property management company.

Ohhhhh mannn. Good luck! I've had friends who actually had to wait out the lease TOGETHER after breaking up. :/
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

is it possible for you 2 to stay with your parents/ friends and rent out the place you've got now?
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

My ****ing ex husband wouldn't move out of our house after our divorce was final for SIX MONTHS. Avoid this.
    Spammer Spanker

i was actually gonna say that it'd be better to stick it out till the end of the lease. after all it was a mutual decision to move in together and let this be your punishment.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I guess i could ask the landlord if we could sublet it. I don't think we deserve to be punished. I mean, things happen. Now i can't get my boyfriend to open up about it and tell me what he wants to do with the place. I ask and he just says "i don't know" then walks away. ugh MEN! haha

So you're not broken hearted you just need advice on how not to ruin your credit.

I've never been in this scenario but what you both clearly need from each other is some serious space. Sticking it out together will kill any hope of reconciliation and just make you more upset and more pissed off at each other since you guys are both already hurt. One of you has to find a way to get out of this, I like Lahanna's idea of trying to see if you can sublet it. Don't try and tough it out though, it's going to more than likely be excruciatingly painful, especially if you guys start dating other people.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I'm extremely broken hearted. But also trying to focus on what to do about moving so things DON"T get horrible. We decided he is going to stay there and i'm going to move. Now i'm second guessing everything cause it's becoming real. How do you ever know if you're making the right decision when it's not like a horrible abuse/cheating etc. situation. For us it's just we grew apart . and there has been such distance between us and i checked out. we tried saving it a few times. didn't work. he is not interested in going to counseling or anything..