+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could really use some advice

Could really use some advice

Hi, I’m stuck in a difficult situation and could use some advice. I’m 21 and a college student. I've met a girl, known her for 9months and we really hit it off, the past 3months or so we’ve developed something closer than being just friends but not to the point of a relationship.

But the problem is that she is an international student/studying abroad. I guess around me she feels more comfortable because I can speak her native language as her proficiency in english is limited and the unfamiliar environment.

Should I be pursuing a relationship with her? I don’t know if this could lead to anything long term due to differing cultures, language, location etc or am I approaching this situation wrongly? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Can't really offer any help or advice on the language/culture thing because obviously not sure what that is. But, on the should I/shouldn't I issue... well the only thing I will say is this, if you do... it may invite a lot of problems I guess. But, if you don't well, you may well regret it. Also, right now, just a date or getting more friendly isn't embarking on living together is it..? So it's not like you're going to ask her to marry you right now is it...? What I'm saying is, you can afford to take a chance and maybe have a little easy light dating fun right..?