+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is There Something There For Me?

Is There Something There For Me?

I Have Known This Girl For 11 Years , We Used To Be Close Friends But Drifted Apart & Didnt Speak For 4 Years. We Started Talking Again & I Went Round Her House Everyday For About 2 Months.We Started Holding Hands All The Time , Snuggling Up On The Sofa Watching Tv , Cuddling Etc. She Doesn't Act Like This With Any Other Of Her Friends. Like A Fool I Fell For Her. I Told Her How I Felt About Her & Said How Much I Love Holding Her Hand & Holding Her. She Gave The Impression That We Were Only Ever Going To Be Friends. After This I Didn't Speak To Her For About 3 Weeks.

I Saw Her One Night While I Was Some Of Our Friends & Whilst We Were All Walking Down A Dark Alley Way She Grabbed My Hand. I Pulled It Away But She Continued To Hold My Hand. Again We Didn't Speak For A While But At A Festival She Came Up To Me And Asked Me If I Still Loved Her. I Said Yes & She Said Dont Worry One Day We Will Be Togeather & Then Hugged Me. I Confronted Her The Next Day & She Said She Didnt Mean It She Was Drunk.

She Has A Boyfriend But Shes Always Telling Me How He Treats Her Bad , Hits Her Etc.

I Started To Think We Were Only Ever Going To Be Friends When A Good Friend Of Both Of Us Told Me She Text Him Saying "What Would You Think If I Was To Go Out With (me)"

I Dont Know If Im Reading The Signs Wrong Or Its Not Me & She Actually Does Have Something For Me

Please Help!

Alright, I'm new to this site as well, but I thought why not give advice first before asking for it. So here's my two cents...

From what you describe, it sounds like you're desperately orbiting around this girl for years. She certainly likes you, no question, but to me she's abusing the power she has over you.

How old are you? How old is she? I mean, how can you ask someone that is desperately fallen for you if that someone is still in love with you? Seems like this girl is an attention seeker.

As for the boyfriend: Don't worry, she wouldn't treat you differently if he weren't there.

I'm sorry I can't speak more intelligently about this, but you should go out, meet other women, and not focus on this one so much.

In the end, you'll be thankful I didn't give you some sort of "there might be a chance" answer.

Thanks For Your Reply . .

We're Both 17 Nearly 18 . .

Its Funny You Should Say She's Attention Seeking As I've Been Told This By Alot Of People!

I Think Its Best For Me To Move On & Forget Her!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL1020 View Post
    Thanks For Your Reply . .

We're Both 17 Nearly 18 . .

Its Funny You Should Say She's Attention Seeking As I've Been Told This By Alot Of People!

I Think Its Best For Me To Move On & Forget Her!
    in tricky situations, it's always hard to think straight when you're involved. i'd say yeah, trust your friend's judgement and just leave it. she sees that you love her and she may have asked if you still felt like that to check if you'd still be her back-up if she needed it. move on and find the girl who makes you her priority
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

She seems kind of loose to me. I'm not sure you want to be known as one of her bed-post notches.
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3