+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recurrent Dreams

Recurrent Dreams

I keep having dreams about abandoned pet stores.

I'll come into a pet store that's clearly been empty of human caregivers for quite some time and spend the rest of the dream trying to save whatever animals are left alive.

The pet store is not my responsibility, initially, but I cannot walk away from a bunch of caged animals slowly starving to death so I take it upon myself to do whatever I can for them. Sometimes the stores are quite large and filled with some very exotic species. Somehow, in the dream, I know what to do with them all.

I've had this dream three or four times in the last couple of years.

What the hell does this mean?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had a dream the other night about an old friend and I fixing window frames in an old house that looked a lot like a country rail station.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The only recurrent dream I ever have is one where I am falling, and as soon as I hit the ground, I wake up and my reflexes throw me in an upright position. Really feels like ground impact, too.

I liked it better when you were dreaming about having sex with me.

I wouldn't dream about having sex with you. You look like a benthic sandsucker.

is there a particular animal that you keep seeing?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It means you're a lesbian, clearly. The cages represent sexual repression. The animals represent your sexuality which, neglected for so long, is starving. Your compulsion to save and feed the animals represents your true desire to let loose and munch some serious carpet. So have at it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I like your imagination Gribble...its as filthy as mine.

Anyways I've had a recurring dream for several years where I'm looking to buy this house and it is an old house, been neglected and abandoned for years but has amazing woodwork in it and I can see the potential. The place is huge. It has this massive winding staircase going upstairs and I never make it up there...I always wake up before I do but on the ground level there are tables full of antique glass almost like they were set up in a store but they are not for sale, they simply come with the house. I have no idea why I dream that. Could be I just like old houses, which I do. Don't quite get the glass because I'm really not into that but I do like looking at antiques and a lot of my furniture I've purchased at antique malls...but not glass.

The only changes are sometimes I am with different people. I've looked at the house with my mom and with Desiree. All I can think there is that they were (mom still is) two important people in my life and I was showing them a home I was going to buy and restore.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

maybe you ate too much dairy before bed...aparently it makes dreams more vivid. i had a very vivid dream last nt which i woke to suddenly of a plane crash into the water just after take off, i held my breath a split second before the crash but the plane went down into the water too far for me to move fast enough to get out-thats when i woke up. i don't fly-not because i'm scared but for other reasons. the dream doesn't mean much to me, coz i tend to have disaster dreams every so often including various plane crashes. i do eat a lot of dairy sometimes...
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    maybe you ate too much dairy before bed...aparently it makes dreams more vivid. i had a very vivid dream last nt which i woke to suddenly of a plane crash into the water just after take off, i held my breath a split second before the crash but the plane went down into the water too far for me to move fast enough to get out-thats when i woke up. i don't fly-not because i'm scared but for other reasons. the dream doesn't mean much to me, coz i tend to have disaster dreams every so often including various plane crashes. i do eat a lot of dairy sometimes...
    I will test this theory...I am going to eat cheese and go to bed.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    He meant me, silly. But, if you have those inclinations I'm sure Hot Dick and I can tie you up and do evil things to you in turns.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I keep having dreams about abandoned pet stores.

I'll come into a pet store that's clearly been empty of human caregivers for quite some time and spend the rest of the dream trying to save whatever animals are left alive.

The pet store is not my responsibility, initially, but I cannot walk away from a bunch of caged animals slowly starving to death so I take it upon myself to do whatever I can for them. Sometimes the stores are quite large and filled with some very exotic species. Somehow, in the dream, I know what to do with them all.

I've had this dream three or four times in the last couple of years.

your too pre occupied with trying to help other people when deep down you know that its impossible to help everybody, and the fact that the pet store is abandoned is someone elses fault and you still see it as your duty to save these animals. May have something to do with your posting on this forum, who knows, how long have you been here?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He meant me, silly. But, if you have those inclinations I'm sure Hot Dick and I can tie you up and do evil things to you in turns.
    Yeah, I was talking about Indi, since she's the one who thinks about having sex with me. Constantly. It would explain why her mathematical proofs are so dead-on. Or off. Whichever makes more sense.

On the flip side, I totally do not look like a "benthic sandsucker." I shaved my beard for the first time in 3 months, and then I gelled my hair. I'm lookin' goooooood.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    Yeah, I was talking about Indi, since she's the one who thinks about having sex with me. Constantly. It would explain why her mathematical proofs are so dead-on. Or off. Whichever makes more sense.
    It was constantly. Now its exponential, you sweet talking nerd.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You bought stock in this company?

[url=http://megetables.revirginizer.com/]Megetables Main Page[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast