+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men are hard to understand

accodata Guest

Men are hard to understand

I met a guy last night through a mutual friend and he is on vacation, leaving for home tonight. We kissed and went home, he asked for my number and said he would call me the next day (today) to spend some more time together, but I still haven't heard from him?

You JUST met this guy. Chill out.

A lot of people say "tomorrow" without thinking about how soon tomorrow actually is. Give it a few days. Or maybe you could say something like, "I had a great time the other night!" See if he responds. He might be a bit nervous about contacting you first.

accodata Guest
    He's leaving the city where I live tonight

Ohhhhh. Well, then he probably only wanted what little he could get. And he probably had other things planned on his vacation and couldn't steal some time away. Take it as a bit of fun, and move on. Why're you getting so hung up on a guy you just met?

accodata Guest
    I just find it peculiar that he asked for my number?

I don't know if this applies since he is on vacation, but a lot of us guys are kind of expected to not call right away. (We think) it makes us look needy and desperate. Plus if we wait a while, it makes you anticipate the call more, which is kind of mean, but also helps our case sometimes.

Women do it all the time as well (much more often than men). Something else might have come up or maybe he took your number for the future.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

That means that he's not that into you. I mean you just met that dude so chillax you can do better than that!

Maybe he thought it was a good idea at the time and to ask for it, but then afterwards changed his mind.

This shit happens to people all the time and to both men and women.

If I was you, I'd be more worried over why I got so easily hung up over a guy I hardly knew, than the fact he didn't call.

He didn't call....so what? Are you hard up for dates or something?

accodata Guest
    I've been single for a while and I'm not interested in having a relationship. I think I may have a problem where I brush off men who are interested in me because I want to avoid emotional attachment. The reason why I'm hung up about it is because I find it desirable that there isn't potential for anything long-term, and because I'm feeling a bit lonely.

I'm feeling lonely too.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lonely or horny?

accodata Guest
    Lonely and horny. But not horny enough to desire sleeping with someone I'm not all that interested in.

The general rule of thumb is for the guy to call two days later. If a guy calls the very next day, that may be seen as a little too desperate, though it's acceptable if there was some great chemistry. If a guy calls three days later, that's a little negligent, but still within the boundaries of normal behavior. Later than that sends the message that he's not that into you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by accodata View Post
    The reason why I'm hung up about it is because I find it desirable that there isn't potential for anything long-term.
    Why? Is he married?

The fact that you looked for advice on a WWW forum, tells me that you are not as emotionally unavailable as you think you are. Else you couldn't give a toss what happened to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast