+ Follow This Topic

Thread: last words of the ex...

last words of the ex...

What does it mean when an ex says 'You are the nicest person'?

This was the last thing he told me and we have not spoken since (a month). We broke up over his previous ex who he dated for two years. She dumped him. We got together 7 months after that and had been together for just over a year. She randomlygot back in touch with him and he was 'lost' because his ex tunring up 'threw him'. Though it was a messy break up, we didn't end on bad terms. I let him go because I figured he'd need to be alone to figure out who he wants and not stay with me because he felt he had to. She was his first love so I didn't think I could compete. I mean his reaction to her when she first contacted him out of the blue told me everything. I am heartbroken because I never wanted to lose him. After the split, we still met up for a few weeks before I told him this but now haven't spoken for a month. he told me he loved me and cares for me and agreed with what I had said because 'he doesn't want to hurt me but can see himself doing so' and that 'i deserve better'. when the ex first cameback into the picture, he told me she treated him like dirt. her family are richer than his an that they all looked down on him. his friends didn't like her. etc etc.

I feel stupid because I spent so long with him. 'nice' is always classed as a boring word. am i reading too much into it?
    . I'm not the sort to shout and scream about something which is probably why we ended like we did because neither is he, so we just talked about it. I wouldn't go back because he has hurt me too much but all the final words are making me think about what he actually meant. I think I'm just in over-analyse mode. I'm not looking for hope or anything, just piece of mind, so I can move on. thank you

Thats his last words yo you?
    I think he was trying to be 'nice' by saying something 'nice', which he apparently sucks at. He probably wanted to say that you're a real great person and that he didn't deserve you so it's better if he leaves now than when you're relationship is really deep.
    OR he's just an ass and cant think of any decent words to say before he left.
    dont know. this is what I think.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

You are a 'nice' person is something they normally say and to soften the blow/or breakup.

thank you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I love those lines... most rational and logical lines anyone can give to anyone.

You're the greatest nicest guy ever, perfect i must say, good looking, nice and sweet, any girl would be lucky to have you...

... * but ofcourse you're so great, im breaking up with you to date this guy*

Id rather a girl not insult me and jsut told me the truth so that i could work on the possible flaw.

My ex's last words "Too little too late people change" i hate tht fukin bitch for torturing me n putting me thru pain!

in my opinion, what's the point of thinking about it? from the sounds of it the relationship is dead in the water, easier said than done, but you have to leave it - he sounds like he was trying to be gentle, but it is irrelevant at this point, isnt it?? i say leave it, dont think about it again, it achieves nothing

Yeah, I'm trying not to. I think it's more because it's one of those things that I'll never know. I have left it, it just hurts because I spent over a year with this guy and it's a pretty dumb way for it all to end, embarrassing to have to explain to parents and friends. And yes, I agree, I think honesty is best, despite how harsh it may be. Thanks for all the replies, helped lots!
    Last edited by flo_22; 19-08-10 at 06:21 AM.