+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: confused

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

confused

I feel really confused. I've been with my bf for a while now, things had been fantastic and then we had a slight blip a few weeks ago, I was going to end the relationship but in the end, i didnt. Things have been back to being great again now, he's typically everything I look for in a guy- he's kind, caring, protective, selfess, loving..the list goes on, I cant actually think of much i dont like about him!
    Basically a few things went on at the weekend that i wont go in to now, but I tried to finish him yesterday..i thought he would just take it but he didnt, he was really upset and he is very much a mans man so i didnt expect this.
    He kept asking why..why had i always kept myself at arms length from him, why was i breaking up with him and said that he was expecting this a few weeks ago. I couldnt give him an answer.

A lot of tears flowed from both of us (again i didnt expect this from myself or him) he said he would give me some space to clear my head and begged me to take it and just think about things. I agreed.

Now i've been telling myself for a while that this is just a bit of fun and its going nowhere etc etc...so why do i feel so crap? I feel like i'm just being rather than living today, I have this intense want to call him/talk to him/see him. I cant concentrate on anything, i hardly slept last night and have hardly eaten anything today, it feels like this big raw gaping hole...not exactly how I would expect to feel about someone i saw as a 'bit of fun' .

I dont know what to do
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Qwerty, eventually you're going to have to let someone in. I think this guy is a good candidate. Give him a chance, won't you?
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like he turned into more than a "bit of fun".

I think this is obviously related to your underlying issues with men because of your crappy ex.

Are you still seeing your therapist?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Make a list of why u like him and another of why u dont think it would last.

That should help clear your thoughts a bit.

U can even share it with a few people u trust here who can give u some 3rd party perspective ...

Good luck !

did you try to convince yourself that he was just a bit of fun, to stop yourself hurting as much when things end?
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeh, im still seeing a counsellor.

No, i didnt try and convince myself that, it was literally just fun on both parts- I was(am?) fully aware that i wasnt ready for any type of committment, or even able to care for someone to this degree...though it seems that may have changed?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

i think you should give him a chance.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dont know, there are other things to be considered..he is moving back to his hometown soon, and im moving back to mine so we will actually be 3hrs driving time away from one another.

Life happens. Sometimes when you don't feel that you are ready for a relationship, the right person comes along to change your mind. Sometimes when you feel that you are definitely ready for a relationship, the wrong people break your heart. Just take it day by day. Explain the impending distance in your relationship (both of you moving back home) and your fears. He sounds like the kind of guy who would understand.
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

Quote Originally Posted by lovefool87 View Post
    Life happens. Sometimes when you don't feel that you are ready for a relationship, the right person comes along to change your mind. Sometimes when you feel that you are definitely ready for a relationship, the wrong people break your heart
    i like that a lot.

Honestly, I don't think you're the kind of person who is okay with a bit of fun qwerty, you get attached pretty quickly
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    I'll tell you this right now, he really loves you a lot if he's a "man's man" and he cried for you. If you let go, you have noooooo idea what you'll be missing. That man's man image of him is there so that the world can see that he'll go above and beyond the call of duty just for you. Its not there so that he'll be all "macho" in your eyes.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

"he's kind, caring, protective, selfess, loving.." - is he ugly?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Is he a pussy?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

if a guy has all the above mentioned qualities than there's something with him physically if she is willing to let him go.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast