+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he lying?

-D- is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Is he lying?

Here's some background info so everything makes more sense:

Around March/April or maybe a bit before, I noticed my boyfriend had been acting kind of distant (not himself). I know that at times I can be smothering, and we live together in a very small space in a city that he doesn't like, where he has few friends.. so I thought perhaps he was down about that. I never confronted him, I just let him be.

Eventually, around May, he was back to his usual self and this were really really good between us. Like better than ever. He suddenly started putting in a lot of effort and we were both really happy.

At the end of May, he was away for a weekend. I don't know why I did it, but I ended up going on his laptop and viewing some of his skype conversations. There was one in particular that was inappropriate - he was talking to a girl he knew from his hometown (on the other side of the country) and saying things like " you're so pretty", "I wish I could snuggle you to sleep". I read these and panicked because I didn't know how to tell him I snooped and saw this. I told him anyway and he apologized and we talked about it and I was willing to forgive him. Also, the conversation I read was from about a month before I actually read it, meaning they had stopped talking (at least on skype), which would seem to be around the same time he started acting more like himself, so it kind of makes sense. He said he was having a rough time and he messed up and he told me I don't have to worry anymore. He deleted her number from his phone and I told him I don't want him talking to her anymore and he said he wouldn't.

Anyway, I have found no contact between them since (it's been 2 months). I've seen his phone and there was no trace of her there. And I have access to her FB page, though we are not friends. She doesn't use the privacy setting. And I can see that he doesn't post on her wall or like he statuses or comment on her pictures or anything like that.

I asked him recently (he was going to be in his hometown, within close access to her town as well and was feeling a bit down) if he was going to be around his this weekend and he said no, that I didn't have to worry, that he didn't talk to her anymore, and that she knows he's back in love with me. That was a good explanation for me.

Except now, this trivial little thing..
    my boyfriends FB status was something like "wishes he could be in *** with his cousin DC"
    his cousin DC is friends with this girl he had flirted with. This girl liked his status on FB and it makes me feel insecure.

It's not like he had anything to do with her liking his status. And he recently said to me it was his mess up, not hers or mine.
    So it's not really his fault she liked it but it makes me feel like he's maybe lying
    although things have been good between us in terms of him not being distant and his being affectionate and attentive so nothing weird is going on there.

Should I let it go?

He basically cheated on you emotionally by skyping with that girl and calling her pretty. Yeah, bottom line, he cheated and would bone her if he got the chance.

I like being brutally honest. =)
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Users Country Flag
    So you think there's no doubt about it?? Ugh..

i think it's a bit weird. but he may have started ignoring her and she's still chasing.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

I agree ^^ He seems he's still in love with you and he's making an effort, and he was willing to delete her number etc. That shows his love and respect for you. But I always think if someone's gonna cheat, they'll do it regardless and if someone is too insecure etc then that's there perfect excuse so maybe try not to worry too much (and if you do snoop make sure he doesn't find out because he'll think bad of you). I hope things work out

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seems a bit too sketchy for my liking. Is he super close with his cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    So you think there's no doubt about it?? Ugh..
    He's cheated emotionally. You're freaking out about him cheating physically. Seems like he wouldn't bring himself to doing that but that's not the problem here. The problem is, the trust you had......it's gone. Once the trust is gone, the relationship is sure to follow. Word of advice, if you can regain the trust in the relationship, then maybe you should consider other options.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    i think it's a bit weird. but he may have started ignoring her and she's still chasing.
    I don't know if she was ever really chasing him to begin with. She wasn't overly flirty like he was in their conversations. I'm not really sure of her side of the story.

Users Country Flag
    He is very close with his cousin. And she is good friends with her as well, I'm pretty sure anyway.

Users Country Flag
    I just have a hard time telling if I'm being paranoid or if there are actually things going on now. It's so confusing.

I think it's important to keep your wits about you - dont tell yourself your being paranoid because you may be oblivious to any signs in time to come. But you recognised his change in attitude/mood and you found out he'd been talking to that girl. So i'm sure you'd recognise the signs if he did it again.

You don't wanna be a walk over but this could literally have been a ONE OFF and how you feel and react now could have consequences on your relationship forever, so give him the benifit of the doubt this time and this time only. And if you find anything out again, he;s kicked to the curb.