+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dear Women, please give your opinion...

Dear Women, please give your opinion...

May be I misrepresenter what does "No contact" mean ? ...
    My girlfriend break up with me 10 days ago and already tried to contact me twice since then...

The first time she called me 3 days after. Told me how much she sad, how much it is hard to her to break up with me, that she loves me very much and all this stuff...of course let's be friends. At the end she told me "I love you, I miss you and you will be always on my mind", when I heard this I became really angry and reacted: "What do you mean by 'always on your mind ?', when you will sleep with your next boyfriend you will think about me ? ". Of course she didn't like it and said that she p*ssed now and we finished our conversation on this note. 3 days later she called again, but I didn't answer the phone...

So my question is:
    If she initiating the contact with me during the first weeks - should I answer or ignore ? Of course, I miss her voice, but the problem, that it really hurts me talk to her "as a friend" like nothing happened. Seems to me when she contacting me, cause she just want me to be her "therapist" and make her to feel better. Should I "absorb" this ? Yes, I do want her back...So I don't know how to act if she contacts me again next time (and I almost sure she will). On one hand I don't want her to think that I am her "puppy" and any time she needs me she can easily reach me, I want her actually to feel "fear of loss". On the other hand, I afraid if she will feel "rejected" she can "give up" on me and just sleep with some other guy (just to feel wanted again, not cause she actually loves him. But for me it really doesn't matter much why she did it, probably I wouldn't able to "live" with this thought).
    So should I answer next time ? How should I react if she keep saying that she loves me and misses me and continue to ask us to be friends ? (I do want her back . But I want it to be her deliberate decision and not emotional weakness)

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ignore her. She's missing attention- not you. She'll find another guy to get attention from.

Personally, I think that if you truly loved her, you would be able to be there for her and support her, even if it's from the sidelines. But that's just the romantic in me.

The answer to your question is this: It's better to talk things out rather than to just dump her and never speak to her again. That would just be immature. You need to tell her what you're feeling everything she calls you "as a friend" and tell her that you can't just be there whenever it suits her. If she's just using you like some kind of therapist, then, what the heck. She's being completely selfish and has a complete disregard for your feelings.

Seriously, talk things out. Don't a kid about it. You need to find some kind of courage to get past this fear of losing her. Love is one big gamble. You're not going to get anywhere if you don't take a chance at something. If you lose her, you lose her. If you get her, you get her.

Hope that helps! Good luck.
    SAULE. reaching for something higher than the sky.