+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wasting My Time w/ BF of 6 Years

Wasting My Time w/ BF of 6 Years

I need a males point of view on something. I have been with my BF for a little over 6 years. We split up twice for about 6 months each time. The first time I dated someone else and the second time he dated someone else. When we split the first time, he bought me a ring to try to get me back. It didn't fit and needed to be sized so I didn't keep it. We got back together and he still never the ring sized for me so I he never really gave it to me. Well then about a year later we split again for about 6 months. We got back together and he still had the ring but it was still not sized. Well we been back together now for almost a year and things are alot better than they were. Well he still hasn't given me the ring. He keeps it in a drawer. I've mentioned it a few times and told him that it really hurts me to know that he got something for me awhile go and just refuses to give it to me. He just doesn't care. He said that it's not an engagement ring and doesn't want to give it to me and I think of it that way. I just feel like I'm wasting my time. If I had something I got for him, I'm going to want to give it to him because I love him. I feel like he just doesn't want to committ to me by giving it to me. And it's not just that, he never compliments me. Never ever! And I'm not ugly by any means. And he's never sweet to me either. He never calls me baby or anything like that. And that bothers me alot. Our sex life is great and it's not like we never touch each other or anything. But it's just hurts to never get complimented but he's quick to bitch about V neck teeshirts I wear to work because he thinks guys are going to look down my shirts (they're freaking teeshirts and not really low cut at all). I just don't get it. I just feel like I'm wasting my time but I've been with him since I was 17 so it's just so hard to move on and I don't want to. I want to get married and start a family with him. So do I wait it out? Or should I just snap back into reality, realize he doesn't want me, and get the hell outta there? I just don't want to do that. I love him so much. I just feel like I deserve to be treated better. When we got back together I seen a birthday card he got for the girl he was dating when we split up and he even called her baby! And plus in the 6 years we been together he's never even gotten me a card and he knows how important cards are to me. Please give me some advice! Thanks!

Wow, ya u got a dilemma. Love is tough sometimes.. and we do need that romance going. But, rem.. its about u and ur happiness in the end. I really think u need time off though. But let him no y.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyrider1974 View Post
    just snap back into reality, realize he doesn't want me, and get the hell outta there?

I deserve to be treated better.

in the 6 years we been together he's never even gotten me a card and he knows how important cards are to me. Please give me some advice! Thanks!

I think you see the problems in your relationship, and sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself.