+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why cut off? why now?

why cut off? why now?

My ex has stopped replying to emails, and bloked me on facebook after a message i sent today. which pretty much said ai was worried about her since i know shes going through a hard time and especially since i havent heard from her because she sounded almost suicidal.

our relationship was only 6months but i loved her more than ive loved anyone, i was always there for her, she treated me badly when we were going out but it didnt matter cause i still loved her, we met up a few weeks ago after we broke up and had sex on 3 different occasions within a week and were talking of getting back together, then she just leaves, we were still talking but now shes just cut me off.

it just hurts so much, that someone i care about so much can just treat me like shit, like i dont exist, like i never even mattered anyway. i am a reasonable guy, and if she wanted me to stop talking to her all she has to do is say.

just seems so harsh this way, and it really makes me think. im worth **** all if the one person in my life i really would have done anything for can treat me like this.

thanks again for reading, im going through plenty of shit in my life right now and this is just cutting deeper and deeper.

Dude, I am realized this too. I am sorry to say this, but you deserve better. Don't take her shit and move on. I know you love her and you are emotionally attached, but from what your telling me, Things won't get better. I am in the same situation, and it hurts when your the one giving all the effort!

i had remained friendly with an ex of mine...we had been friends before we dated and we had a bunch of mutual friends so i wanted things to remain civil. i didn't talk to him often, in fact i hadn't talked to him in months...i was doing some research online and came across this song that reminded me of him and so i sent him the link in a facebook message (nothing romantic or anything...he was a rapper and i thought he'd appreciate it). low and behold, a couple months later i went to include him in an event invite and he was no longer my friend. it was really weird in my opinion. and i'm not one of those people that makes a big deal about facebook, facebook is really fake and people who rely on all that crap have some issues, but since we had been friends for so long, it felt like a slap in the face. the least he could have done is just message me back and say "i'm in a relationship right now and i think it would be best if we just cut ties". yeah, it would have stung a little, but i would have respected that.

so i think it would have been a lot more mature if she had just replied and told you that she needed to stop talking to you in order to move on. and as hard as it might be for you because you still have feelings for her, the best way to move on is to cut contact. this might be her only way of dealing with that.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    i had remained friendly with an ex of mine...we had been friends before we dated and we had a bunch of mutual friends so i wanted things to remain civil. i didn't talk to him often, in fact i hadn't talked to him in months...i was doing some research online and came across this song that reminded me of him and so i sent him the link in a facebook message (nothing romantic or anything...he was a rapper and i thought he'd appreciate it). low and behold, a couple months later i went to include him in an event invite and he was no longer my friend. it was really weird in my opinion. and i'm not one of those people that makes a big deal about facebook, facebook is really fake and people who rely on all that crap have some issues, but since we had been friends for so long, it felt like a slap in the face. the least he could have done is just message me back and say "i'm in a relationship right now and i think it would be best if we just cut ties". yeah, it would have stung a little, but i would have respected that.

so i think it would have been a lot more mature if she had just replied and told you that she needed to stop talking to you in order to move on. and as hard as it might be for you because you still have feelings for her, the best way to move on is to cut contact. this might be her only way of dealing with that.
    this is EXACTLY what i thought.

its funny cause usually i am the one who says no contact etc, its not fun for anyone but i believe cold turkey is good in these instances. but i actually got on with her really well and thought why should i loose a friend as well as a lover, and throw away something good?! and from what i know about her she is not the sort to cut ties just to move on. just sucks

what really bothers me is if she'd said look im moving on to pastures new or my i have a new bf and he doesnt appreciate you contacting me then that would have been fine! and i would have respected that also.

thanks for your input and im glad im not the only one who saw it that way. cause it really was a slap in the face!