+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it a relationship?

Is it a relationship?

ill just get right to it! im 18, known a girl for a few weeks, met up a few times and a couple of nights ago she came to mine, and there was a difference. before we had been mates but after snuggling on the sofa, holding hands, and a snog at the end of the night, it seems likely that maybe things have changed. what i dont understand is what to do now, im used to one offs not this sort of situation. am i in a relationship with her now? only reason i ask is because my step mum spoke to her mum soon after and apparently the girl said she wasnt sure eitherif we are, in other words shes in the same frame of mind im in. I know for sure shes into me (e.g. did herself up, she held my hand, she cuddled up to me, gave me a neck massage, played with my hair, felt my body etc.) i texted her soon after saying i had a good night and she said the same, but their was no difference in the style of texting or tone, its almost as if she doesnt have a clue either, i dont really know?

I suppose i would like a relationship now but how do i let her know this in a subtle way if their is one, how do i break the ice on it and become more than just friends?

thanks,

i wouldnt say that you are in a relationship based off what you posted, my personal opinion is dont overthink it, i say roll with the flow and see where it goes, sounds like you guys are getting closer, give it time - you have only know her for a few weeks

It's not a relationship if you are just meeting up now and again and being a bit touchy feely with each other.

In an exclusive relationship, couples tend to spend the majority of their free time together and make each other a huge part of their lives and try to include each other in whatever they do. You would be introduced to the majority of their friends, their family. It's not just about touching, feeling, sex or kissing anymore. You become a top priority in their lives and the most important thing in their lives.

I've never had some guy say to me 'Hey, let's be exclusive'. When it's been a 'mutual' thing and feeling for one another, it just all happened naturally and everything fell into place.

If you like her, she likes you, suggest seeing her more. Take her out to places, introduce her to friends, your family and if you want her to know that you are serious about her.