+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Jealous my boyfriend experienced being in-love with his ex, I haven't ever :(

Jealous my boyfriend experienced being in-love with his ex, I haven't ever :(

I'm 22 and have been with my first boyfriend for 2 years now.
    He's had a lot more experience with relationships due to his age (15 years difference), and has previously told me he has fallen in love in the past, one of which was mutual love at first sight and he went out with her for a short while before she decided it was 'too unreal' to go on, and the other was with his 2nd serious girlfriend who he was with for 4 years.

I have never experienced being with someone who I am deeply in love with, yet I long for it so much. I love my boyfriend, but I'm not in love.

I should mention, that for 4 years I was desperately in love with someone who was untouchable to me, (started when I was 14) and it was too strong for me to shake off for all that time, so I know how it feels to be in love which is why I get bad feelings of jealousy when I think of him and his time spent with his ex's he fell for deeply. I understand that's his past when I didn't know him, and I'm scared of leaving him because we can be so good together.

I'd just like some advice, and am I the only one in this situation?

We usually get guys who are jealous because their gf had more sex partners and stuff like that, but never anything like this. All I can offer is reassurance that you're capable of overcoming your jealousy and if you really want things to work out, you will have to just condition yourself to not care so much. Then again, if something like this has been bothering you for two whole years in this relationship, you have to ask yourself if this guy is not too old and too experienced for you, because you should have accepted things by now. Also consider the possibility that you're jealous of him because your relationship WITH HIM does not give you what you truly desire, which is something he's had with another woman.