+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is with this girl!?

What is with this girl!?

There's this girl who I've only really ever spoken to on Facebook (she goes to my school's sister school). We're really good e-friends and used to stay up all night talking to each other as strictly friends. Then some idiot told her that I liked her (in a dating fashion), and we had the following conversation:

Her: Someone told me who you like xoxo
    Me: Really now?
    Her: Yeah... just tell me so I can answer you xoxo

At this point, I realised that I do like her, a lot, but we'd never really met in real life - only in passing with a "hi" and smile.

Me: Well then The person I like is really annoying and keeps me up talking all night :-P
    Her: Haha, I bet she's beautiful aswell :-P Just tell me xoxo

Here, I don't know what to say. As I said, I like her, but that's weird - but I don't wanna say that I don't like her aswell, so..

Me: Fine, I like you.
    Her: Well... I guess I like someone else.
    Me: Thankgod you said that... I really can't be bothered to like anyone right now. I just said that to stop you pestering me.
    Her: Oh, ok, well thats good.

Ever since then, our friendship has taken a turn for the worst.

We spoke amiably over the net a few times, but nothing like we used to do.

Yesterday I went to watch my friends soccer grandfinal, in which team she also plays. I tried to say hi, but she seemed to avoid me.

And then I was sitting with my friend after the game, talking. She walks past, looks at my friend says "bye" that gives me a real bitchy look and walks off. I didn't say anything back.

Then I get home and she makes a point of asking me if some other guy was at my house - with no basis to ask me this question... (via email this is). I ask her if she needs urgent contact with this guy, because I could simply ring him for her and she tells me it was nothing...

I'm really confused. Did she want me to ask her out all the way back then? Or was she simply uninterested in me, and that's why we didn't really speak much after that - but then why the look yesterday? Or was she hurt by what I said?

I can't ever see her liking me, she's really good looking and could get most people in my grade - I doubt she'd stoop to my level... but then why would she be actively un-amiable with me. Not even say "hi" when she was standing right next to me yesterday? Not even a smile or a nod? Just a glare and a walk away...

Well, maybe she did like you too? But, then again she prolly didnt She just ddnt like being rejected or something? But, i hope she is into u though. Nway, just keep talking to her. imo

Sorry to be negative, but to me, it seems to me that you basically told her that you DIDN'T like her... when I think that she was actually interested in you (look at the xoxo).
    I don't think she liked be told that she was pestering you, and (trying) to look at it from her point of view, it was a pretty harsh comment.

I would have been like "Ah okay then...", and would have seen her reaction.

I just have a feeling that she actually likes you, but she's afraid to tell you

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

you should ask her who she likes. i think she got hurt because of what you said after she told you that she likes someone else. If she's acting wierd after that conversation, then maybe she likes you too but got scared to tell you because you said you can't afford to like someone. but, think about the wierd things she do. maybe it's just what you think because you're worried or she really is acting wierd.
    I suggest you talk to her about it.
    it's been 8 months, please make it happen.

"If you love me only in my dreams, then please let me be asleep forever."

This was a few months ago, and we've had some amiable conversations since - but its just the incident yesterday that has made me want to bring this up. I doubt she likes me... she's wayyyy out of my league and she's had several boy friends since. Its this fact exactly that is making me so confused. I could understand if she liked me, but I can't see how she would've - and personally, if I was her and liked me than under those circumstances I would talk to me even more :/ Ugh, so confused.