+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i'm inlove with my bestfriend.

i'm inlove with my bestfriend.

I know him for almost a year now, and I love him for 8 months now. We're really close. We video or voice call almost everyday for a week now. I also help him on his new song about best friends (but with sad ending so it's not about me). He sang that song to me for like 3 days straight aand it feels good. I just hope that song is really about me so I would be completely happy. And most of all, he tells me whenever he likes someone or he's going on a date. So yeah, I think thats a sign that he doesnt like me. But then, my other best friend told me that when she talked to the guy I love on the phone, he always talks about what we're doing. He talks about the two of us. I honestly don't know what to do. I can't tell him how i really feel because I'm scared that it might turn out bad like what happened before. He also told me before that he likes me, but I didn't answer back because of my friend. I actually told him I love him on February and it turned out bad. What should I do? Should I give up my feelings for him or just continue hoping that he'll like me someday?
    Last edited by pleasebemine; 22-08-10 at 05:09 PM.
    it's been 8 months, please make it happen.

"If you love me only in my dreams, then please let me be asleep forever."

If you have expressed your feelings for him and he hasn't reciprocated then continuing to pursue him is only going to hurt you. If you cannot be "just friends" with this guy, then you need to stop hanging out with him/talking to him. He is under the impression that the two of you are really good friends. Waiting for someone to "come around" wastes your time to be with someone who truly cares about you.
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

Maybe just have a final talk to him about his feelings for you as it sounds like this confusing situation for you has been going on for long enough. If it turns out he doesn't like you in the same way i would try and move on and not have much contact with him because it would hinder you developing a relationship with someone else who actually does like you back in that way. And you never know if you start to move on from him and don't be there for him anymore there is a chance he might realise he does actually like you in that way. It's only a chance though but it may be your only hope. I hope it turns out well for you x

and if you do try to go for a finnal throw of the dice leave the i love you part out at least at first. you may know this but some people really dont know that its not always best to blurt out how you feel. i had a similar situation with a long term friend and what i did was to go out with them and try to ,where possible, remove the friend factor i mean like i made it a date but dont say it is if you know what i mean. i took her out we had dinner, like friends, a few drinks went to a club and danced and our friendship mutual atraction...... and a little drink did the rest. we started seeing each other and it was one of my good relationships, it didnt work out though we went to different cities for jobs but we're still friends now. i hope you get what you want good luck

This is cool

thanks so much for the advices. I decided to move on now since he just had a date this afternoon with a girl he just knew and he told other people that he loves her. He's actually the type of guy who doesn't take girls seriously. I might still talk to him but I won't expect too much. But yeah, I just wanna thank you guys for the advice. I'm not sure if i'm doing the right thing, but if we're really meant for each other, i'll let fate bring us together.
    it's been 8 months, please make it happen.

"If you love me only in my dreams, then please let me be asleep forever."