+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advice in my relationship?

Need some advice in my relationship?

So, before i met my fiancee, she used to have sex with a co-worker/good friend. Now, this is the first time im in a relationship where the person who was intimate with the girl im with, is still in the picture. Not as a threat or anything like that, but a part of her everyday life. They work together, theyre good friends, they text back and forth, they help each other with grad school work and see each other everyday. So sometimes i dont know how to feel. This isnt about trust at all, cuz i trust her wholeheartedly....but its still awkward. Somedays i dont care that they were intimate with each other. Ill say to myself...that all happened before we met. She lives with me, shes choosing to marry me so i shouldnt worry about any of that. But then on other days i think about the two of them being intimate and it drives me nuts. And its not like hes a guy i can ask her to stop seeing or talking to, because they work together and are taking the same grad school course. I also dont wanna tell her i dont wanna know or hear anything about him, or what he says everyday, or what he did...because i dont want to seem unsupportive of her or her job. What should i do? How can i handle this privately? She already knows how i feel, but the fact that a past sexual fling still sees her everyday, and is a part of her everyday life drives me crazy sometimes. I guess its human nature. How would you take care of it?

Try to get her fired? Okay, seriously, this doesn't sound like a real threat to your relationship. She told you about the guy, and if she was still hooking up with him, she wouldn't have done that.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Well, shes told you...so you do know. It would bug me too if my lady was around someone she had be intimate with. They have valid reasons for being around each other, so theres not much you can say about that. The things that you dont want to are to let her know that this is a huge problem for you. If she can tell you what he said or did at work, you may not want to hear it but, do you want to risk her not telling you anything?

Bite ur tongue and just face it. It happened, its done, go on and enjoy ur life with her. The more u think of it.. the more it will eat u inside Is it really worth thinkin bout it? k good luck.