+ Follow This Topic

Thread: any success stories?

any success stories?

any of you guys managed to get back with your ex and be happy? there's gotta be some success stories, let's hear them!

Yes, but many years had to elapse before we were ready for each other.
    Spammer Spanker

For a long time, I had a scorched earth policy. If we were going to break up, I was going to make sure that the breakup was unpleasant enough that neither one of us would ever get back together again. In hindsight, I don't know if that was the right way to handle things, but it sure kept things uncomplicated.

But with my last two ex-girlfriends, the breakups were more gentle, so we got back together again later. But things didn't work out in the long run. The problems that made the relationship fail the first time were the same problems that made the relationship fail the second time.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I've got back with exes, but for us and once it was broke it couldn't be fixed.

Same problems arise and end up tearing you apart.

I guess for some it may work though. Depends why you split in the first place.

I explained the reasons of our split in details under "5 years together gone" topic.

basically immigration issues led her to become distant and closed-in, we stopped doing things we enjoyed before because of problems we had to face, I wasn't in mood to lose weight or go to gym which meant a lot to her and then someone just swooped in and made her laugh and be happy again.

Now she's trying to act cold, didn't wanna talk about fixing our relationship but from time to time it seems she just loses her guard and hugs me or tries to start conversation with me. I caught her staring at me with a smile on her face few times.
    I'm trying to keep my guard up too but still sometimes I give in, try to find ways to extend our conversation and such.

One of my girl friends told me that women usually block their feelings successfully for few weeks or so, but once they see that their ex is moving on they start missing him again.
    Also when we just broke up she wanted me out of the house asap, but I told her I'll have a place to stay this wednesday and now she seems cool with it, my presence doesn't bother her as much. We even sleep in the same bed, naked like we always used to! (few days ago she said she didn't want to sleep in the same bed with me, but last night she came home and went to bed while I was there). I'm not trying to touch her or anything even though it's very hard and I get so horny at night!

I guess all I can do is give her some time and I told her we shouldn't contact each other for a while. She still keeps offering to help with some things we used to do together like she's afraid of losing contact. we'll see.

Success stories?

You mean like how my ex lied to me, started ****ing someone behind my back, aborted our child, tried to get back together with me, dumped me again, and then 2 years later apologized for being such a heinous bitch to me?

Yeah, there are success stories. They are few, and very very far between.

That ex? She's my wife. We've been married almost 2 years now, and my life is amazingly good. But she went through several years of intense therapy and medication to control her depression before she was sane enough to realize what she'd lost when she hurt me. I almost killed myself over that mess. I don't mean figurative, I mean literally. As in I was planning it out, writing down what I wanted for my funeral, etc. In the end the worst thing that happened is I lost my job.

Best thing you can do is simply move on, work in fixing your own issues that caused problems within the relationship, and if things work out, they work out. Trying to fix things without long term commitment, outside help, and a dedication to fixing your sh*t is just bandaids man. Not gonna keep you from bleeding out.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I broke up with a girl. Stopped talking to her. Year later we met up. Started fooling around some. I broke up with her again.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I broke up with a girl. Stopped talking to her. Year later we met up. Started fooling around some. I broke up with her again.
    I broke up with you because you keep calling me a girl you damned gerbil!
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Truth is once there's been a break-up (an actual physical separation) there is no turning back...

You can patch things up but only temporarily...my experience and that of my friends come to the same conclusion.

Don't try to rationalise or to look for a happy end...I think this is why people should think very very carefully before they make the decision to go their own way...cos it's quite definite..
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think cases of it working a second time around are extremely rare. I can't think of a single ex I would take back, even in the breakups that weren't that bad. If it wasn't good the first time, why in hell go back for seconds?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I had a 3 year relation i brokeup twice but thn let her come back once after a month and once after a week but she broke up with me twice n never allowed me to come back lol changed her contacts n everythng...um still hurt

Is that ever happened to anyone that one of two fell out of love and broke up and thn got feelings back and came back?

We broke up, she came back, we broke up she came back. We broke up again. Usually you break up for a reason and if things don't change |(and they won't) then you'll breakup again. We are who we are.