+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you ever heard back from exes?

Do you ever heard back from exes?

Just curious... do you ever hear back from exes? If so what do you guys feel do they want to get back together/or just appologize on good terms etc.?

I think it depends on the person. All of my exes have tried to start talking to me again at some point. Most of them have tried to get back with me. Just stand your ground. Chances are if they hurt you once, they won't have a problem doing it again.

Definatley. not for all, for me, but a few i still talk to as friends and a couple wanting to get back together. One cheated on me while i was away for the weekend.. with my friend. They stayed together for about 2 years and once it was over for them is when he came back in contact with me. I certainly didn't trust him again.

Another a couple of weeks ago actually.. I am currently in a relationship and he is fully aware of this.. however he felt the need to tell me that i was his ' one ' and that he regretted ending it... apologized and wrote me this long letter - things werent really working out at the time, VERY long story - we didnt want to end things but we had to. ..then ended up going seperarte ways... but none the less FIVE YEARS later he decides to tell me this. I wonder if the cause was maybe relationships after ours didnt work out for him.. or saw that i was happy and he wasnt.. who knows. If i wasnt in a current relationship then i probably would have gotten back together with him but i decided that i owed it to my current relationship to keep things as they were and if things dont work out later then we could see what happens.. but until then.. thanks? :p

Oh dear god... I had an ex find me on Facebook last year. She sent me this crap personal message that was a combination of question/I remember this personal detail about you kind of thing. I found the whole thing rather revolting. I literally stewed for days over how to respond, let alone if I would. I do not have fond memories of her at all.

Eventually I simply responded with, "What do you want from me <her name here>?"

Apparently that was the right question to ask her to get her to go the fsck away on her own.

I still talk with a couple of exes, but not really. I've never been all that great at being "just friends" with someone. It takes me a lot of effort, time, and is personally kind of really emotionally painful for me to go through. So usually I just choose not to.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

thanks for sharing... i think you hear back from all of them at some point and only some of them try to get back with you depending on the situation... I have heard back from all of mine within the last 3 months. Crazy!

My exes that have contacted me are all people I still respect and care about. The ones who blatantly lied and cheated don't have my new number

None of my exes and I want to go down the same road again, and all I want is for them to be happy (even if it's with another girl)

I think it is very healthy to be able to have that closure and remain, at least, on decent terms with those you were closest to. Although sometimes, they don't have the right amount of maturity to handle these situations.
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

this forum's full of 'he's contacted me' so have a quick look around. it tends to be that they've realised that they've lost a great partner and want them back. and pretty much every time our answer is to leave it and to move forward with your life.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

I always see them on the street since it is a small city where i live. We simply ignore each other lol. Oh one of them we say hi to each other and have a small talk and leave.

Most of my exes and I are on good, friendly terms, but this was only made possible after 2-3 years of solid No Contact. Most often, it was them getting in touch with me for one reason or another. I've never had such a horrible break-up with someone that I wouldn't attempt to give friendship a shot, so long as that's all they wanted.

Earlier this year, my most recent ex contacted me about something I still had of his that I'd forgotten about. For some reason he thought it was a good idea to message me about it on Valentine's Day, over a month before he even really needed the object in question. I kept my messages short and business-like. He tried to sneakily allude to meeting up in some way, but I figured out a way to get the item to him without needing to see or contact him further, and I left it at that.

One of my other exes from almost 7 years ago now recently mentioned giving things another shot if I ever moved back to Boston. He's had several girlfriends since the time we dated, and maintains that I was really the only worthwhile one out of them all. I'm flattered by his comment, but very sure that I wouldn't start traveling backwards at this point.

I usually find when an ex is contacting me it's because they want to get back together. Usually they want things to be the way they were, you know, a happier time in life. It's not that they want to start a new relationship or have any understanding of how things would be different, what they want is for things to be the way they were which of course is impossible.

I am still very good friends with all of my ex girlfriends excepting 1. All of them have made attempts to get back together (which I find odd, cause of the 5 serious relationships I was never the one to end it) But I have never gotten back together but I always end up swapping relationship stories advice etc. with all of them.

Yes, most tried to come back and NO, Im not friends with any of them.

Once it's over, it's au revoir for good.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    this forum's full of 'he's contacted me' so have a quick look around. it tends to be that they've realised that they've lost a great partner and want them back. and pretty much every time our answer is to leave it and to move forward with your life.
    Or that they are bored shitless and have found no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Shortly after a breakup, I've always had exes come back for me.
    Maybe they're just in love with your penis?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."