+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I talk or not?????

Should I talk or not?????

Hi I'm 32 and in a good relationship for the first time EVER lol, with a man I love and who loves me back. The problem being that I have suffered from depression and low self esteem most of my life (on and off) and this has been effected by past bad relationships and certain thought patterns have become habit for me. I have been with my partner for 12 mths and those thought patterns are starting to take over and I'm starting to feel insecure and low, logically I know I'm being stupid and there is no substance to the thoughts but I carn't shake them and I carn't sleep.
    He knows that there is something up but I'm finding it really difficult to talk to him as I know that I'm being stupid and irrational. There are other things in our life that are a lot more serious that overshadow and are of much more importance than this, witch makes me even more reluctant to talk because I know its stupid to be feeling this way, still I carn't stop worrying about it. I don't want this to ruin the happiness that I have finally found but the way I feel is effecting me a lot.
    I carn't stop thinking how he could do much better than me etc etc you know how it goes lol. I lack confidence in this relationship or more specifically I lack the confidence in myself to be relaxed in this relationship lol all advice welcome . . . . . . . .

you really do need to talk to him, communication is a foundation of any relationship. and while you may want him and perhaps yourself to live in ignorant bliss you can't just let this go if it's affecting you this much.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.