+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sexually attracted anymore

Not sexually attracted anymore

I'm a pickle. I met my bf on plenty of fish a year agoand we hit it off straight away. We were so in love and he was such a romantic. We got engaged after five months ( he proposed) and everythingwas great. He moved into my parents house but then we moved to his parents house on the northside. We were there for seven months. It was good at the begginning but then necks we both didn't have jobs we were always in each others faces and it was hard. He was around his mates and all he wanted to do was hang with them. I was fine for a while but then it was like they were more important. We started fghting a lot but wld always make up and he wld always say I'm sorry I wanna treat u like a princess cos u deserve it. Eventually we both got jobs and it was good but he started hanging with all the time he was always at his mates house and if I didn't go then I didn't get to spend time with him. In the end everything went down hill and we lost our spark and we were always fighting and couldn't be around each other. Then out of the blue he said he doesntno if he wants this anymore and of course I was so hurt. I didn't want to except it so kept blocking it out. Then things were ok for a bit but then got worse again and we decided to go on a break. I moved to Brisbane and so did he. It's now been three weeks and I thought things were good we were talking and he was saying how much he loved and missed me but there was something still missing. There was no affection and we have only seen each other 2 times in3 weeks. It's reeli hurting me and I always ask him wat is the go and he ses I dontno babe. He ses he loves me with all his heart but he doesn't findme sexually attractive anymore and that it's not me its hiim. Eventhough it hurts I said I want to wait for you until u decide but I just feel like am I waiting for nothing. Then the other day we were talking and he sed he doesn't like seeing me like this... After a little while I said have u found me any more sexualy attractive andhe sed he doesn't see me like that. I broke up with him and it was really hard and I think it hurt him cos he started acting like an ass. I really love him and don't wanna break up and I've told him and he said it's the best for now. I no people might think I'm stupid but I don't wana give up on us. In the end we both have to want this but I don't want to make a mistake and regret not being with him and I'm confused.

Too much, too fast. You guys burnt out on each other, from living together so soon, to the engagement, to being in each other's faces. Too much. I think you should work on moving on and take your next relationship a lot slower.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Too much, too fast. You guys burnt out on each other, from living together so soon, to the engagement, to being in each other's faces. Too much. I think you should work on moving on and take your next relationship a lot slower.
    Yeah, I second that. Of course that's sad for you, Bon24, but no need to sugar-coat anything, I've gone through relationships like that myself.

To make it easier for you, why don't you just create a different mindset. Not the one "it's over forever, I'm so sad", but the one "it's over for now, I'm sad, but maybe after a few months of no contact at all things change to the positive again".

Get the drift? Fool your mind into that thinking, maybe it works. And on the way to that point, don't rule out other men that you might find attractive or so.

Apart from that I'm afraid I can't say anything useful.
    Love Is A Mother****er

Thanks heaps for both ur advice. We have since broken up but I hope there is a chance we get bak together. I'm still upset becose he says things like miss u and thinking about u bak to me when I say it but doesn't want a relationship ATM. He also doesn't reply to msgs or calls 90% of the time and I feel like he's stinging me along. I don't no if that is his way of showing he's sad ;-0 I think we need to stop all contact for the time being atleast so we can both get ourselfs sorted without having to worry about each other and then after a couple of weeks meet up and talk and see if we have missed each other etc and see where it goes from there.

I'd just move on. I couldn't be with someone who'd said he didn't find me sexually attractive anymore. Even if you got back together, the question 'does he still find me attractive' will weigh on your mind and whose to say he aint gonna lose the attraction to you again?

Nah...I'd be outta there.

He's probably fishing around for other females.....he will keep you hanging on and just incase nothing better comes along.