+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get this girl?

How to get this girl?

There's this girl in my Government class (let's refer to her as "Chelsie") that I really like. I thought she was kind of cute at first, then had a sudden realization of how good-looking she really is. I have a few questions though.

• Her real name is apparently more common than I thought. I tried to find her on Facebook but was unsuccessful at finding her. I have a lot of FB friends that actually go to my school (not necessarily real friends, I don't have many of those, but people I know IRL) and none of the results returned mutual friends, so I'm starting to suspect that she's not on Facebook.
    • Because I can't find her on Facebook, my only option to accurately determine her relationship status is to ask her. I'm totally lost about this because I'm very shy and not good at handling awkward situations like this. I don't want to resort to precluding myself from dating a girl simply because she does not have a Facebook account. How do I ask her what her relationship status is without it being awkward?
    • I'm a computer geek. I don't look like a "stereotypical" computer geek, but I'm still ugly in general and have perhaps the worst case of acne ever and no medicine can cure it. Anyway, I live in a small town and word gets around quickly, so it's pretty much public knowledge that I'm a geek.
    • She has told me to my face that I'm weird. Because I'm totally lost when it comes to relationships, I don't know if she likes me and is kidding with me or if she is serious. Her tone of voice sounded kind of like she might have been joking but I couldn't tell.
    • As I said, I'm extremely shy and need some pointers on breaking the ice.

Why not just start with small talk before or after class? How she's finding the class, if she has any difficulties. She called you 'weird' to your face, but since you couldn't tell if she was being serious or not, that says it all on what her impressions of you are. Asking for her r'ship status is always going to be awkward, especially if you two haven't even had a proper conversation yet. So start with that first before probing her on more personal matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvy View Post
    Why not just start with small talk before or after class? How she's finding the class, if she has any difficulties. She called you 'weird' to your face, but since you couldn't tell if she was being serious or not, that says it all on what her impressions of you are. Asking for her r'ship status is always going to be awkward, especially if you two haven't even had a proper conversation yet. So start with that first before probing her on more personal matters.
    After class isn't really an option, because I am a freshman in high school (no one has their driver's license unless they got held back, and even if they did get held back, freshman are not eligible for on-campus parking per the student handbook) and my campus is unusally large for a town of this size (really spread out, us freshman have an autonomous school to ourselves in the far corner of the high school campus with its own principal), so everyone runs to the bus from the NE corner of the campus to the south-central part of campus where the buses load.

Before class is tough too, because no one shows up until the last minute.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ughm, why won't you go for a geeky girl instead?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    ughm, why won't you go for a geeky girl instead?
    I never said my future girlfriend had to be "hot" or have giant boobs and a nice butt, but she needs to be reasonably cute.

Try talking to her during class. There are always opportunities to make small talk. When an opportunity arises just go for it. Make a joke, comment on the class, etc. Just so you know, "weird" is not great adjective. Still, you have nothing to lose by making small talk.