+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how would a 45 year old woman work this out with a 38 year old?

how would a 45 year old woman work this out with a 38 year old?

its universal knowledge men age slower or at a more gracefully rate, how would a 45 year old woman work this out with a 38 year old man? they are both professionals. no kids involved.

she looks great, and feel younger, but definitely not Jeniffer aniston.

how would this work out? granted, they are both attracted to each other.

They work it out the same way men and woman have been working it out for centuries. "Me Tarzan. You Jane" And then they lived happily ever after for the night. Then if they want, this encounter can be stretched out to a repeated fling, a relationship, or even a marriage. Of course take away the happily ever after, but these arrangements can still prove to be quite mutually beneficial.

It's not much of an age difference. Some women in their forties look great, others don't. If they are attracted to each other then go for it.

My ex was 38 when I met him and looked older than my current 48 year old crush of the moment.

In this particular case my ex had receding hair and the hair left over at the back of his head was white already while my current crush has thick black hair with some white hair here and there.

People are not equal when aging..some would always look 10 years younger while others start wrinkling and looking tired very early.

So I don't think an age difference such as the one you are stating would matter. If someone takes care of themselves in the way they dress and cut their hair I don't think it would be a problem.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksontown View Post
    its universal knowledge men age slower or at a more gracefully rate,.
    I have to disagree with this..over the past 20 years women have been putting a lot of energy and care in remaining good looking and attractive...while men take a lot of liberty with their looks...just based on celebrities..you will see that women take a healthier approach to their body.

I mean just look at John travolta, denis Quaid, Jeff Bridges, even Brad Pitt today is looking chubby these days as well as Johnny Depp...And why do you think Cougars are chasing younger men....?
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

i don't agree with the whole ageing process thing. and you mean work out as in, would they do well in a relationship? 7 years difference at that age isn't that uncommon i don't think.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

It seems as though you have some doubts about whether or not you would feel confident in a relationship like this. Are you mainly concerned about the attraction, whether or not he will stay attracted to you as you age? If you are serious about each other, I wouldn't let go of a possibly great relationship just because of age differences.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksontown View Post
    its universal knowledge men age slower or at a more gracefully rate, how would a 45 year old woman work this out with a 38 year old man? they are both professionals. no kids involved.

she looks great, and feel younger, but definitely not Jeniffer aniston.

how would this work out? granted, they are both attracted to each other.
    Well first of all men don't always age slower or more gracefully. It all depends on their lifestyle and genetics. So let's get that out of the equation. Women DO tend to live longer than men however. So a matchup of an older woman and younger man can make sense. One may not outlive the other by many years in this case but grow old together.

At the ages of 45 and 38 it doesn't matter much who's the older one. By that point both have experienced a lot of life and are more equals. If both are attracted to one another that's what matters most to start. Beyond that it's like any other relationship. They need trust, shared values, communication, etc.

i dont c any thing wrong with it

love dosnt know old or young , bretty or not

so

keep going

Seriously? 38 & 45?
    Was expecting 25 and 49...
    I wouldn't call 7 years A DIFFERENCE think this all comes down
    to personality

Its only 7 years, late 30's mid 40's no problem from my point of view.

as stated people age differently, some guys in the late 30's early 40's look really old, there is a boxer, francois botha who is 42 but he looks at least 60, imagining him with someone like Demi Moore who is 5 years older than him, people would think he's her dad or something lol

talking of demi moore, she is married to ashton kutcher, who is 16 years her junior, and no one seems to be concerned about that, 7 years is less than half that difference, lets look at some other famous relationships with simmilar age gaps

Ashton and Demi (shes 16 years older)
    Renee Zwelwegger and Bradley Cooper (shes 6 1/2 years older than him ive never seen the age gap mentioned anywhere)
    Eva Longoria and Tony Parker (shes 7 years older than him)
    Brooke shields dated andre aggasi (shes 5 years older, he LOOKED 5 years older than her)
    Sadie Frost and Jude law (shes 7 years older)
    Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong (shes 9 years older)

In none of these relationships has there been a big deal made about age differences, personally if its less than 10 years i dont really consider that an age gap, when demi and ashton first hooked up there were a few smarky comments but people soon got bored of that.
    Last edited by Infern0; 07-09-10 at 11:21 AM.

I dont see no big difference haha, gotta love foreign people

I don't get age hang ups at all, im 24 and my best friend is a 37 year old woman, she's married but we often say if she was single we'd probably get together, i used to worry about age but soon got over it.