+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to approach a girl (in my class)

How to approach a girl (in my class)

I changed school a while back and I am in a new class in 12th grade (the guys and girls in that class have been together since forever....) and I have been here for a few months and nobody is speaking to me or interested in me at all, I am a total outcast in my class, everybody just hangs out in their groups or gangs and are never alone so it's harder to start a conversation with them. So there is this girl I really like but I haven't spoken to her at all and she just hangs out in her group with her BFF's and is almost never alone and she would probably think it's really weird if I approach her like straight up, and tell her friends (her friends talk crap all the time) and then I would become even a bigger outcast and would probably get ridiculed... Also I am of shy nature so it makes it especially hard for me, but I really very much would like to start a conversation with her but I just don't know how, I can't just walk up to her and say Hi Lets Be Friends, it doesn't work like that especially in my situation because I am shy and that girl is like NEVER alone, she is always with her group...

So please any intelligent advice (that wouldn't require me walking up to her like a weirdo) would help.

Tak to her on Facebook!!!!
    "is your Dad a chicken farmer, because you sure know how to raise my cock"

you've gotta pluck up the courage at some point in your life to do things out of your comfort zone and make this your starting point. and like i said before, try and talk to the guys aswell.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

I agree. Be courageous and don't worry about what other people are going to say. Trash talking is always going to happen. There's nothing we can do about that. Just don't let it bother you and have the courage to deal with it. How bad do you want it?

yeah, you need to have the courage to talk to people. I used to be too scared to talk to people too. Like, in highschool I spent 3 years being too scared to talk to a guy I had kissed at a disco, and even when we ended up in the same music class I was too shy. And it didn't get me anywhere! He flirted with me, and I didn't see it because I was so shy that I thought I was imagining it all!!! How boring it is to be shy and quiet!!!

So what happens if it goes wrong talking to her?!?! You get ridiculed, but that's about it. It's only other people being stupid, and trying to make you feel bad and awkward to prop themselves up. Like a false sense of confidence. She might actually think you're sweet and considerate to come up and say something nice to her. Hell, that might make her say hi to you after that. And then you might have a bigger conversation, and make each other laugh. Isn't that worth a few immature people being idiots, to possibly start all that?!?! And what does it say about those people anyways??? If they are all so close-minded about talking to other people, what sort of life are they going to have pushing others away and creating this venomous little bubble for themselves? Obviously not a great one.

People will appreciate you more if you're nice and sincere and polite, and take a few chances. If you act like the others and have an attitude with other people, then they won't enjoy talking to you. So be yourself