+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GF calls it quits still has signs she may want to be together, don't want to lose her

GF calls it quits still has signs she may want to be together, don't want to lose her

After 3 years of dating, my girlfriend wanted to call it an end last night. Our relationship was already hanging by a thread and this weekend was supposed to be an eventful weekend with us working on things and me showing her that I wanted to be with her and work on us.

I won’t go into the full details but what I want to mention is that at the end of the day it was mostly on me for the fact that I would often focus on trying to discuss our problems rather than work on the solution. Additionally not always consciously considering her feelings or what she wanted to do didn’t help.

The break up conversation is what got to me. We had our arguments and I thought it was wrapping up. As she started to walk out, I told her I would have her clothes and books back to her by the end of the week. The look on her face then completely changed and she said I was unbelievable, in that I was going to let her walk away. I assumed that she had made up her mind and no amount of talking or arguing could change that. Furthermore, my intention was to give her space and to show her in a week or two my progress to want to work on this for us.

Obviously no guy is a mind-reader, but in that I thought that she wanted me to be more aggressive and had a desire to work things out? But the body language and her tone while talking (in addition to her saying this is the end of us) lead me to think she didn’t want this anymore.

So now I’m here trying to figure out what to do and how to tackle this as I still do want to be with her.To note we are similiar in that we are both indepdent, hard-headed and emotional to an extent. The pros that she still may want to be together is for one the above example when she said I did nothing to stop her, her still having the keys to my house, and also finding out today that after running into her mother the fact that she did not tell her mother about it.

if you'd already been 'hanging by a thread' i find it weird and quite unfair that she's turn round and say that. gotta give her space and then ask her if she actually knows what she wants, don't let the mind games start though.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.