+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice on how to stop crushing/lusting after someone at work

Need advice on how to stop crushing/lusting after someone at work

Ok here's the deal. I'm a young 30's year old guy, good looking, never had any problems with the ladies (though I'm no player). However, I am absolutely lusting over this woman at work. I've worked for this place for several months, but only in the last couple months have I begun to develop these feelings. She haunts my mind 24/7, for absolutely no good reason. I don't know very much about her, besides obvious things people learn about each other when they are co-workers. We don't work in the same department, though we are proximate to each other. At first we developed a casual friendship, exchanging pleasantries and the like, and stares and smiles, and the cute look away thing. Part of me believes that she has feelings for me because there seems to be some odd tension between us, though I could be mistaken. But lately I can't bring myself to even talk to her, I'll ignore her, walk by without saying anything. It's too painful to talk to her knowing that it could never be (she's married, with children). I figure it has to be lust, because I don't know anything beyond the superficial about her.

So I need your help. I've never had these emotions over someone before, and would like to know how some of you battled these feelings, or any suggestions you might have. Thanks!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it is lust and the best way to ignore it is to find another object of your affection
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Wish it were that simple. It's easy to forget about someone you don't see very often. But spending 40+ hours in close proximity to the object of your desire makes that exceedingly difficult.

Oh no! Don't even go there if she's married!! No no!!!
    I think you are just lusting for her, you WANT her not to be with her
    And if she has feelings for you I'd best ignore it if you can control yourself
    she has a husband and children I wouldn't really see this going down well.
    You need an available woman who you can 'Lust' over, co workers aren't very appropraite
    Being honest here.

Sapphire x

And it may be difficult but jusy try avoiding her if you fear it's getting too much
    I know its mean but don't keep exchanging glances and everything it'll make
    you want her more, not best to interfere with off limits women

Well I have spent the last couple weeks flat out ignoring her. The only problem with this is that I am an extremely extroverted, chatty guy at work. So it seems outside of my personality for me to be so blatantly ignoring her, and I think she has definitely picked up on it. I can't tell whether this has made her angry, or more interested in to why I would be different around her, but irregardless, it doesn't seem to be having the effect I had intended.