+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should it continue or should i end it?

should it continue or should i end it?

OK. i have been going out with this girl for about 5 months now and things were going great. we were going to each others houses, going to festivals, and sometimes just hanging out. everything was fine until things started to get boring. every time we had to part i would kiss her on the cheek . after a while i started to get bored because i could tell that we were both more than ready for kissing on the lips but she would always stop me. i was fine with boring (not thrilled but fine) but then one day she told me something that really just made me depressed and just not caring anymore (i still love her but i don't care if it continues or not). she had said that the reason for not kissing on the lips was because she gets really chapped lips and sometimes they bleed (she chews on the skin). she also said that their also normally sore and kissing would hurt her lips. she ALSO said that before she went out with a guy for three years (on and off) with only getting as as far as a kiss on the cheek (which is where i'm at). now the thing is i can never remember seeing her wiith chapped lips and i have known her for a year now. the other thing is that 3 YEARS!?!? I love her and i'll wait for her but i can't wait 3 years! she's leaving highschool in 3 years. i'm leaving highschool in 4 years (were both going to repeat a year). if i wait those 3 years and then have to break up with her there wont be enough time to make a proper relationship before (i hope) university! i cant wait 3 years just to NOT get a kiss. what should i do?

your 'kissing needs' obviously aren't the same. a kiss isn't supposed to frustrate you it's supposed to bring you closer together. ask her if there are any other reasons. if they're not reasonable enough for you just leave it.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.