+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just need a guy's honest opinion

Just need a guy's honest opinion

I've been told that an answer I'm looking for is found in the the song "I'm not in love" by 10cc. I believe it means that the man is really in love with a girl but doesn't want to admit it to himself or her. If I'm correct in that assumption, could someone out there tell me why he's thinking that way? Is it fear of rejection or is it fear that putting his heart on the line will cause hurt one day? Or is it both? I'd appreciate a real man's explanation to this. Thanks.

Could be both. A man fears two things: Being vulnerable and being rejected by a woman. You really need to get to know this guy deeper. Did he have a string of failed relationships? GF cheat on him? etc. That'll help you determine where this is coming from.

It could also be very possible that he simply doesn't want to committ, he wants to date around, have sex, etc. Declaring his love for a girl would limit his options if he's ethical enough not to cheat.

The main answer: Get to know him better. Don't assume. Could be trauma, or could be that he isn't mature enough for that kind of responsibility.

You hit it right on the head when you said GF cheated on him. I know very little about it except that it was REALLY bad but it was some time back. He's pretty much kept to himself but the last few months, he's always talking with me. He's got one of the biggest hearts I've ever seen but I would have never known that until recently. Is that what it is? Is he making sure about me? I've never hidden anything from him. He's been so very good to me and he knows me very well. I trust him so much and so I've told him things about my past nobody else knows. He thinks it's all funny. I never ask him anything about his past but slowly he tells me, little by little. Thanks so much for your reply. I'm going to keep my hopes up for his love one day. He's so worth it!