+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im stuck... but its too late to turn around. help!!!

Im stuck... but its too late to turn around. help!!!

Hello,

Its my first time on this thread, so I'm hoping you ladies could help me out. I'm a guy, 19 years old... and about 8 months ago, my best friend introduced me to his best (girl)friend and ever since then, me and her have really hit it off, instantly. Although we live in different countries, she calls me everyday, we constantly text each other, and speak on skype. So basically, we became best friends immediately. four months into this friendship, i started to develop feelings for her altho me and her havent seen each other in about five months. She lives in the country that I go to every summer and christmas vacation. Because me and her are so honest with each other, I told her how i felt but she always thought I was joking. Then, I went to my home town in the summer and spent every minute of every day with her, so when I mentioned it again that I had feelings for her, she believed me but had nothing to say, she said she was confused.

This girl is, by far, the cutest, most adorable girl I've ever met in my entire life. I have never been so comfortable with a girl my entire life and I would really like to have her as my girlfriend. Anyways, one month into my summer break, I bought her a really really nice (and expensive) bracelet to show her how much she means to me. At first, she didn't want to take it because "there was no occasion or reason for it" but I eventually gave it to her. I constantly tell her how much i love her, how much i enjoy spending time with her and how adorable she is. she does the same, but she also told me that she can only see me as a friend. Also, shes VERY attached to me. she cannot go two hours without calling or texting me and shes constantly telling me how much i make her smile/laugh, etc but still- im just her best friend.
    Now, I am back at the country where I study... and I've tried everything with her. I've tried distancing myself from her, I've tried removing her from my life completely, ive tried smothering her with constant attention, and now... I told her that I was completely over her, but we still chat everyday. However, I am not smothering her. She keeps telling me really cute things but I respond in a very dry manner and she says that its making her angry but she hasnt said anything about this making her "want" to have feelings for me, she just says that im pissing her off and she wants me to go back to being the way i was.

So, now... I don't know what to do! I've tried everything, but I'm not going to give up because i have never felt this way about any girl in my entire life!! and I get the feeling like she has feelings for me but she doesn't know it.

any advice/help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

It seems that she does have feelings for you but just don't want to say it. Some girls also tend to play games so maybe she's trying to play hard to get? If there's a guy I like and he gets that suspicion, I tend to hide my feelings and not let him know because in my case I have a family with strict rules about the opposite gender. Or maybe she's just shy. It's hard to tell since she's keep acting like this but try to be close friends with her and maybe when she feels its time to admit it, she will.

Go back to the way you used to act when talking to her. She obviously wants you to talk to her the way that you used to. If you're acting differently then that could put her off because you're not the same person that she first met. It does sound like she likes you, maybe she's just unsure at the moment. Relationships are a big commitment so perhaps she just wants time to think about it.

Thank you for the quick replies... much appreciated

I am ready for a commitment, this is what I need and want in my life and this is the perfect girl to have. She called me this morning and woke me up, we were talking... then she says "I want to ask you something, but please don't ask me why I'm asking this right NOW... just answer me" so i said "sure" then she says "you live in a different continent, so lets say that me and you got into a relationship now, how would it be different?"... and because I still want her to think that I'm over her, I said "well, not that it matters anymore..." [so she can think that I really am over her] but I continued and said "it makes a big difference. it means, when I talk to you, I'll be talking to my girlfriend, not my friend. we'll have something special between us and quite frankly, I dont know how else to explain to you but think of all our other friends that are involved in long-distance relationships... dont you think its different for them than just being friends in different countries?" then she said "yeah, thats true"... and she changed the subject.

Then, she just called me about an hour ago and asked what I was doing, and I told her that my friends were coming over to smoke hookah. she asked if a certain girl was coming and I told her that she was, so she went on and on saying stuff like "it seems like she really likes you... maybe you should give her a chance" and I respond to these things by saying "yeah, I am giving her a try.. shes really cute, and shes fun to talk to" but then I told her I had to go, and she said "alright, don't be too flirty" with a slight laughter.

From her tone, I'd say that shes jealous of this certain girl and is considering things now more than ever so I think this is a good thing. should i keep doing what im doing? which is being there when she calls, but not showing her too much attention? and telling her that I'm giving this girl a chance?

Thank you so much! really appreciate it!

I think you're doing okay, but the only real problem might be that this girl you're using to make her jealous is actually there and more available to you. That could cause a big problem if you two did start dating, and now she knows there's another girl there that you have feelings for. Personally, I would just tell the girl you actually like to leave you alone unless she wants to try a relationship, it will be a lot easier on you this way and you'll know for sure where she stands pretty quickly.