+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I was being an idiot and now she's ignoring me. What do I do?

I was being an idiot and now she's ignoring me. What do I do?

I met a girl while on holiday two months ago. We got on well, spent the weekend with each other, and slept together the last night. We spoke about every other day for two weeks after I came home. She went traveling and we didn't speak as often. I came off a bit needy, and a week or two later, after we made plans for me to visit her and travel together, she said she felt like I was putting too much pressure on her. Kind of gave me a kiss off after a long conversation. We didn't speak for 10 days and when we did I apologized and said she was right, things went too fast. Let's slow down and take some steps back. She was happy to hear what I was saying. She 'liked' a few things on my wall a few days later. Over the next week I misinterpreted everything she posted on her Facebook and thought she was sad because of what I said--as if I had said let's forget everything. She ignored the two messages I sent during the week, but wrote me back a few hours after I tried to Skype her (I thought she was ignoring me because she was mad, but now I probably seem like a psycho). I told her maybe she misunderstood me. I do like her, etc etc etc. She said we'd be able to talk during the next few days. I didn't initiate anything, nor did she. Now we've not spoken in two weeks.

I know she did have feelings for me but now she seems indifferent. She's also into this guy she's met a few weeks ago. I'd like to be friends at the very least as I'm moving to her country next year anyway and we've got a mutual friend or two.

So now I'm not sure what to do. It seems like doing anything will only make me seem needy and annoy her. The guy she likes lives in Spain and she's planning to move back in a bit (not sure if it's 'for him' or because she wanted to move back there) but for the time being she'll be at home in France. After she's been back for a few weeks should I post something simple to her like 'I've just seen this film and thought you might like it' to see if she responds at all? Or should I do nothing at all. If she never contacts me, forget about her?

I'm just disappointed in myself because I'd at least like to be friends with her and had I not been a complete idiot after I had just 'patched things up', I think we could have been. It's probably too late to try the friends route, especially if she's not making any effort, right? I still don't know how I let myself get attached to her. I've never had a problem forgetting holiday flings in the past.

There's at least one lesson in all of this: if you're going to have an international romance, use the language both of you speak best.

Honestly dude just leave it. If she's interested she'll message you back but if she doesn't just move on.

Yeah you did a few things wrong but we're not all perfect and we're certainly not mind readers. Next time just take things a little easy