+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why?

Why?

I had a boyfriend for 4 months. Before we were lovers, we were best friends. We were best friends for like, 2 years. Those 4months just passed by in a moment of happiness and luck. Then I met someone else and I got to know that I didn't really love my boyfriend. So we broke up and he said (at that moment) that it was okay, that he just liked me a lot, never really felt anything for me.
    Only 2 weeks after our break up, he didn't wanna talk to me anymore, he started ignoring me, ect.
    Now, a year later, I'm wondering why he doesn't want to be friends anymore. Or just doesn't wanna talk with me anymore.
    When he said he didn't love me, he sounded very honest, like it was true.

So guys, what do you think?

he's probably not talking to you to try to get over you quicker and more pain-free. he could feel replaced and be angry at you but at the same time still like you. its like a mix of emotions and doesn't know how to deal with any of it. thinking and talking to you will probably bring up happy memories that will just hurt him further.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

You were friends, then you were lovers.... it's very hard to go back to being just friends. My best friend is a man named jon and if we ever slept together I don't think I would ever be able to be friends with him like we are now, or confide in him. It's normal for a man not to want to be friends.

Edit::: I'm not a boy, you were asking boys
    Last edited by sparkle_jello; 17-09-10 at 03:27 AM. Reason: I'm not a boy!

It's been a year....he's probably moved on and not that much interested in keeping up appearances with you anymore.

You made your choice a year back and dumped him to be with another guy.

The guy owes you NOTHING....

Sparkle is totally right when she said that its normal for a boy to not want to be friends...unless of course he's intrested in something more...then he is more than happy to be a friend. Its not to be mean, its just how we are. This isn't true for all boys, but most. One of my friends has a very good friend who happens to be a firl, and they get along great...but ALL my other friends would only call themselves a friend of a girl if they liked her...a lot...probably secretly, and maybe they don't even know it themselves. So don't be surprised if he is totally not interested in being a friend if he doesn't have feellings for you anymore, guys are just like that, and like I said its not to be mean, its just how they are.
    There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

agree with xxauzerxx, you left him for someone else, surely its not too hard to understand why he doesnt want anything to do with you, leave him alone

He doesn't want to be friends with you because you left him for someone else. If you didn't break his heart you at least hurt his pride. I wouldn't be friends with you either.

All this talk about boys and girls, well LailaK is a WOMAN and she is dead on. Some people can get over being dumped and some cannot. You can't hold it against someone if they cannot get over it and prefer no contact.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

you just left your best friend who was also your bf for someone who you thougth like better.
    how do you think the poor fellow is feeling? he dumped you for good.