+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he even worth it?

is he even worth it?

Okay;
    so i've been out of work for about half a year with severe depression. I lost my best friend who i grew up with, my mum was seriously ill and everything just got on top of me. My boyfriend told me he hated the fact i did not work as his parents looked down their noses at it. I've got alot better recently and decided to do a course in social care which is work based so i am earning at the same time. This past week i recieved some news from my doctor that i have a bone marrow disease where my body doesnt make enough blood cells, i was really scared and worried and told my boyfriend who replied;

"what about ya course"

i ad no intensions of giving up the course, but seriously... this shouldnt even cross his mind right away, should it? i told him how scared i was and i was really down, instead of being there for me, my boyfriend has decided going out with friends to get stoned is much more important even wen i made it clear i didnt want to be on my own.

am i just a cow? or is he really not worth it?

I am very sorry to hear about your illness, i know from reading about it that it can be very severe. You are clearly deserving of a lot more sympathy that you are getting from him in my opinion, maybe he is tired of hearing your problems all the time but that is really know excuse as this is a really big problem! There is certainly nothing wrong with what you are thinking.

Some guys just arnt capable of dealing with real world problems, its hard, but it sounds very clear cut to me. This guy doesnt deserve you. I had a girlfriend who was similar, she was so incredibly naive and simply not intelligent enough to be in an emotional relationship.

Hope you get better and good luck!

Thats horible, you deserve better.

Ive been out with someone like that, so I know how you feel. Why do thy say things like that?

I hope you sort it out soon, I have also been depressed so I now what thats like too. My Boyfriend was nasty to me over that.

Good luck and lots of love, xxxxxxx

I think you should dump him. If he doesn't even pretend to care about your health... plus he was pressuring you to get a job to begin with. That's not his business unless you're living together.

Take care of yourself and your health, and don't waste your time on him.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

No you are NOT a cow.

He's an insensitive PRICK and you deserve better.