+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he being sketchy?

Is he being sketchy?

I'm in college. My neighbor and I have been hooking up while drinking, but never do we really hang out during the day. When we see each other, we are both really awkward and shy. When we're drunk, we talk about a lot of things... he said he doesn't make an effort to talk to me during the day because he is afraid of commitment. I understand that because I don't know how I feel about committing either. Also, he usually forgets what happened the night before...but I somehow remember everything. And every time we hang out, I like him more and more... His friends all have told me he is really secretive... I also think he's sort of insecure.

To add, I feel like he's borderline alcoholic, which he told me alcoholism runs in his dad's side of the family. He smokes weed, too (i don't). I feel like there's something about him, I can't put my finger on it... he's just so mysterious that I don't know if I'm chasing a sketchball... because he really is sweet.

Help????

A friend of mine was in a very similar situation from the guys perspective. He wasn't really looking for a relationship but he started hooking up with another friend of mine one night while drunk and it turned into them hooking exclusively after drinking, but eventually it turned into a serious relationship that has been going for three years now. During that whole time they were hooking up I never once saw them together during the day. Im not saying it will work out that way but a lot of people in college aren't looking for a serious relationship, but end of finding someone they like and things change. Thats my experience hopefully it helps!!

Stop hooking up with him and see what he does. If he's really into you he'll ask what's wrong. If he doesn't, then he's too much of a pussy. Would you really want that? Just make sure you don't stay long enough with him where you get too attached.

he said he doesn't make an effort to talk to me during the day because he is afraid of commitment.
    Sorry, but what a heap of crock. Since when did chatting to someone through the day, ever equate to having to committ to them?

Sounds to me like he has communication problems and only feels at ease with people, when he's had a drink.

He doesn't want a proper relationship, only talks to you when he's drunk, is an alcoholic and smokes weed and you are attracted?

Best of luck to ya, is all I have to say.