A friend of mine was just dumped by a real jerk. I just wanted to know if you could give me your opinion. I will keep mine out of it as I don't want to sway yours I just want to see what people not involved in the situation would do, I thank you for any opinion, both are in their 30s and She has no children- he has I think 2. (One may not be his but he says it is? She lived about 45 minutes from him)

Several months ago, she met a guy here on Face book and they went out on a date. He lived in an apartment owned by the mother of his kids, but they were never married. He had no job and no car since some car accident he had.

She dated him for a month, and then found out about his drug habit. She said he wanted help for it, so she was willing to stay with him through the rehab for support. He said some really mean and nasty things when he was high or drunk, but would always come back and say he was sorry. (He had called my friend crazy, inappropriate names, and called her a liar most of the time when he was high or drunk. He never hurt her, but was very violent during these episodes) He would convince her to drive several times a day to see him (saying if you loved me you would drive here and things like that)

She tried to dump him a couple times, but he would beg her to come back. About a month ago she said the mother of his kids called her and said she was evicting him from her home. Mainly because she found out about my friend dating him? (He told my friend that the mother and him weren't married and he said that they weren't dating, the mother just didn't want him to date anyone? I guess my friend was not allowed to ask)

That day she said that she would only be friends and help support him through his rehab. From what I gather, she was under the impression that it cost money to go through rehab. She gave money to him in upwards of $5000. She usually gave cash, but on several occasions, she wired the money. During the last few weeks, he said he loved her and all that jazz to get her to believe once again that the other girl was making stuff up to get him to be miserable. That the mother was just lying. This was from the guy who is on drugs and getting free money from my friend to help him out for rehab.

She went back to being intimate with him, but said any money she gave was only a loan, and that she tallied everything, in fact gave him totals of whe he owed on a daily basis. He agreed that it was not a loan. She had surgery on the 10th, for an appendix, and since he couldn't drive, she told him she would not leave the house until she was not in pain since it was a far drive. Last Wednesday, she was on her way to a doctors appointment, then was going to see him, but fell down the stairs, ripping open her stitches and fracturing her ankle. She didn't bring her cell phone to the hospital, but was in there a long time (something like 12hours,) she told him the minute she got home what happened, he called her a liar.

She told him that if he couldn't support her and quit calling her a liar and nasty names that she was done helping him and talking to him, and that she wanted her money back she had tallied. $500 in only a two weeks. He told her that he would not pay her a dime, and that it was not a loan. He never promised to pay her back. She wrote him one other time on facebook telling him that she wanted her money, and deleted him as a friend. She was told by him not to harass him anymore or he would take legal action against her and that He will never pay her back. He blocked her from face book and turned her in for harassment. (Facebook did nothing)

She wants her money, but also doesn't want arrested trying to get it if he lies to the police. She also wants him to wire it so that she doesn't have to see him again. She knows his mothers phone number but doesn't know whether to call her about this, or anyone else. She knows where at least one of the drug dealers lives too. She thought of maybe turning him in anonymously. She says she is afraid for the life of the kids and the mother of them, and the life of the next girl he may con because of his temper when he is drunk and apparently needs money for his habit. But in the same breath fears that she will get put in jail for something she never did because he is a convincing liar. I ran out of things to tell her without repeating myself over and over. Do you think she should do anything else?