+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i a rebound guy?

Am i a rebound guy?

Hello!

So this is the situation: I've been dating this girl for 3 weeks already, but i met her like 5 months ago, and we were friends since then until we started dating

The thing is that when we met back in May or something like that, she had a boyfriend and she was with him until mid-August, (it was a 2 and a half years relationship). They broke up just 2 weeks before we started dating.

My question is: am i the rebound guy? i mean i don't feel like that because we have a real connection i think (we talk on the phone hours and hours everyday, we go out 2 days a week, etc)
    so i feel like if she is completely over her ex-boyfriend, like if they broke up months or years ago, not just a few weeks. But i think that you just CAN'T be over a relationship that lasted almost 3 years, just 15 days after it ended?? Im sooooo confused!! should i just let her go?? i don't know what to do!! i really like her and I think she likes me too.

Just in case, she told me that the relationship ended because her ex was a d*ck, he cheated on her and everything.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree. I think people can get over long term relationships quite soon and especially if they had checked out of the relationship, weeks or months before the final break.

I was in a 2 year relationship I wasn't 100% happy in for various reasons and I'd given him chance after chance to change. It didn't change and so when I finally ended it, it was over for good IMO and I was ready to move on kinda straight away. I'd done my grieving for the relationship, whilst I'd still been in the relationship....I'd already checked out, but I just hadn't had the courage to end it for good.

If everything seems good between you, don't worry about it

thanks xxazurexx!! i really hope you are right! actually I think you are, because she keeps sending me signs that she's over her ex, I mean if i didn't know they broke almost a month ago i'd bet that they've been over for years!

however...there's another thing that also bothers me, and that is the fact that i don't know if she is "ready" for a new relationship. Is she ready to "love" another man? I really really like her, but i don't wanna be the "substitute", you know? I mean I don't want to be the "guy she was with, after the long-time relationship" (i don't know if you understand me! it's kinda complicated to explain what i feel here!).

Do you think I should wait a couple of months before actually making her my girlfriend? Just keep dating, nothing serious until we both feel that it is time to make a commitment?

thanks again!!

even if it takes a while for her to 'love' another man, if she waits a bit longer it may mean even more than last time. you sound happy together. even if she's not completely over her bf, it'll be 'cos they were together for so long but she knows he's an ass and realize he's not worth her thoughts
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.