+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cute freshman girl I like...

Cute freshman girl I like... how can I date her? seriously?

Hey!

I just started Freshman in London, had a bunch of crazy parties in other freshman dorms and met a bunch of awesome people!

But there was this one particular girl who stood out that I shared a smoke with in a small group really late! She's doing a different course to me but her dorm building is just just down the road from mine. We just talked about some really basic get to know stuff like where we're from amongst other stuff. We all exchanged numbers (by this time it was like 3am) and I sent her a text telling her it was really nice meeting her and that some of us might be going out the next night and said let me know if you feeling like joining us; and thanks again for the light! (just a little expression of gratitude)!

I'm new to the the UK so I'm not too sure of good places to go! And about the whole freshman thing, if you have any experience what's the best way to 'get the most out of it' and to see if any girls are potentially more than just friends?

I really like this girl already and she seems interesting so I invited her out.

She replied a bit later by text saying: " Hey man it's alright, yeah tmrw sounds super, give us a ring or txt and we'll meet up. Night night!" (bear in mind I hinted it was kinda just a group hang get to know thing to try not to come on too obvious at first!)

So how should I act towards a new fellow freshman girl I have interest in and make it not so platonic and just-friendy like with most of the new friends and girls I'll meet? What kinds of hints or signs should I be looking for?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Senbonzakura; 20-09-10 at 12:06 PM.

When you see her next, flirt with her, pay attention to her, make her feel special. Do overdo it and be creepy, but just enough to let her know you like her. Then ask her out for coffee or whatever, just the two of you. If she says no, it's not the end of the world, just brush it off, stop flirting with her, and at least you'll still have a new friend. If she says yes, then Congrats! You can now go on an awkward first date with a fellow freshman girl! Good job!

So earlier today she texted me all of a sudden like: "Hey! Plans? I'm only gonna have a few drinks tonight not, not going so heavy since I've got the induction tour thing tomorrow morning."

I texted back a little while later like: "Hey, how've you been? Some friends and I are gonna head down to the campus bar around 9, so just give me a call when you wanna meet up?"

So then after me and some friends went down to the campus bar and it started to get really crowded after a little bit. I thought I'd play it cool and not text/call her to see if she'd give me a call or something. She's a really smart nice girl but I guess she might've thought it a bit clingy on her part to just call me whilst I was at the campus bar so I just had a good time with friends.

After coming back from the bathroom I *suddenly* bumped into her, and she was like: "Hey! Sorry I totally forgot to call.. anyways how are you? How was tours and induction today for you?"

I asked if she wanted anything to drink but she was heading out earlyish to get some rest for the next days early schedule so she just before she left she said: "I'll text you or something yeah?"

I just thought itd be safest to play it cool and said: "Yeah for sure, see you later!"

Any advice? Should I text her tomorrow afternoon and ask what she's up to and if she's down for going out with some others?

Bankai!!!!

Has anyone got any advice with regards to the latest developments? I don't know if I blew it or she's just waiting for me to be more brave about the whole thing? I don't want to get ahead of myself in any case. Maybe I'll send her a text later in the afternoon saying: "Hey, how are you? You up to much today? ?

Any advice or help would be so appreciated

Thanks

give it a few days see if she txts you. 2 days wont hurt. if she doesn't txt then you can txt her and go from there.

Before I read that last message, I texted her some time after dinnertime saying: "Hey! How are you? How did your briefing and induction stuff go? aah it's a shame we couldn't hang out last night, I thought you weren't gonna go out anymore so I didn't really want to bother you incase you were too tired! No prob! Anyway I hope you had good time! What did you get up to today?"

It's like midnight now and most people are out partying, I just got back to my dorm and might go out again. She hasn't replied yet so I'm getting mixed feelings about what might be happening... has she totally lost all interest? Or should I just quit while I'm ahead.

I don't wanna get ahead of myself and get my hopes up too high incase things don't work out.

Ladies, do you have any insight or advice you could offer please? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

You're overthinking this. Don't freak out if she doesn't text you back right away.

And why haven't you asked her out yet, just the two of you? It's really not that big of a deal. If she says no, oh well. You guys can still hang out with a group of friends.

don't text her back until she text's you. If a girl likes you, she will text you. But if she's not interested, she won't tell you. She will ignore you or flake out on you. You have to learn to read between the lines with girls and give them a chance to 'speak' through their actions. I suggest you back off from this one until she initiates more with you

p.s. you never responded to bankai which I thought, for sure, you would get the reference. So how did you come up with your screen name?
    Last edited by Spoonandfork; 22-09-10 at 07:42 AM.

yeah i agree at some point in time you gotta pass the ball into their court. There comes a point where you just gotta set it up so that she makes the next move. She knows you txted her. If she wants to keep going she will txt you back at some point in time.

Ok so it's been a few days, update time!:

Well, it's been some time. People are already settling into campus and the university life. The 'groups' are starting to form, and I haven't really seen her since. I assumed she totally lost interest (even as a new friend) because she never replied to that last text I sent her days ago.

It turns out last night me and a lot of other people went clubbing at this university-sponsored event at a famous club. When I step outside for some air, I suddenly get an incoming call... and it's her. It was definitely a 'Huh?' moment for me! So she first apologises for not replying to that text and says she's been really busy these past days (yeah, like every other freshman going out doing nothing but partying). But I appreciated it even if it was just a small talk opener on her behalf. However the music so loud, even outside, so I can barely hear her. Damn. She mentioned something like her and some others were downtown but not at the club (yet). I also think I heard her asking a few times if I knew if there were any other parties happening that night too? I could barely make her out (it made me kinda frustrated!) and most of my responses were: "Sorry, it's really hard to hear you, it's way too loud".

I choked and must've come across as an uncaring 'typical' guy... As the last thing she said was: "Ok don't worry about it have fun tonight" (quite speedily, and then she ended the call right after).

I'm getting mixed thoughts again. What is she hinting/saying (if there is a hidden meaning?)

Last night
    - I did text her after 10 minutes of the call ending saying: "Hey, sorry it's way too loud here, are you near the club?" (curious if she was coming to where we all were?) == No response
    Tonight -I texted her today this evening because I wanted her to know that it was all fine and that I wasn't judging her for anything and that she was welcome to come join me and some friends going out downtown tonight.== No response either.

I know it must've been a embarrassing for her to have called me suddenly after days of no contact.. only to have me not be able to hear what she's saying. I didn't want to come across as a cold asshole, so I tried to break the ice again by inviting her and her friends out to hang out with mine.

What can I deduce from all this? Any more advice please? Thank you!!

are you a Bleach fan?

Yes. Though I don't watch it much these days!

To all: Please read my most recent post above Spoonandfork before reading this post please!

On topic: I forgot to mention:

I heard from my flatmates that one of the nights before the clubbing night yesterday, they met her and had a chat, during which she asked "if they knew a guy called ++++" . My flatmates of said: "Yeah he's very nice and a really decent guy, why?". To which she replies: "He's just been texting me." Hmm.. this might be minor but I am curious too.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    Yes. Though I don't watch it much these days!
    alright, that's all I wanted to know. You ignored me twice which led me to believe you were ashamed of it. Don't bother watching it anymore. The manga (which the show is based on) is absolute crap now

back on topic: "really busy" from a girl is code speak for "I'm meeting other guys and keeping my options open." If she were truly interested in you, then she would invite you to be a part of her plans. Also, stop putting yourself out there. You're too hung up on this one chick. You should have told her at the club that you would text her when you got out rather than stop everything you're doing to stay longer on the phone with her. You also messed up by texting her again after she never responded. Remember: learn to read between the lines with girls. She's giving you clues and you're just oblivious to them

Thanks man. Yeah I occasionally read the manga but not the anime anymore.

On topic: I received no contact whatsoever from her after that night she rang me at the club. I texted her the next day to try and break the ice by telling her she's welcome to hang out with me and some friends going downtown. No answer. So I told myself to forget about it.

So after almost a week
    Then suddenly, a few hours ago, I got a text from her suddenly saying: "Hey Ryan, sorry never answered back. hv been super super busy. Hope your lectures went well!"

So I'm wondering, has she still got interest? Or is it all totally gone now? I'm not going to dwell on it, because I am pretty busy myself with other things. But I am curious...

Anyone know? thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast