+ Follow This Topic

Thread: sticky situation

sticky situation

I started a new job about 6 months ago and at that time met a guy at work who had proposed to his girlfriend of 4 years at that same time. Seeing as we work together a good 50 plus hours a week we quickly developed a friendship. It was a few weeks later that he gave me his phone number and started offering me rides home after work. I started noticing his lingering stares at me in the work place and couldnt help my reciprocate the action. One night we told eachother that clearly there were feelings between us and over the past few months it has been a never ending flirting fest between us. It seemed innocent enough until i found us having long comvo's about personal deep things in our own lives. It seems to come naturally for us to talk to eachother about most anything.

Work became tough for me because everyone around us seemed to see something between us and pegged me as a huge problem because of his engagement. I have not forgotten about his fiancee but the connection between us is something I also can't ignore.

Things got more heated over the past couple of weeks when we had the talk about how attracted we are to eachother. he told me that he can't stop dreaming about me and has found himself thinking about me the second he wakes up in the morning.

One night at work it was very clear that he was keeping his distance from me. I asked him what the deal was which turned into a 45 min comvo about how he liked me so much as a friend and was attracted to me but couldnt do anything about it. That his life was " planned out for him " now.

Things have not really changed since. we are still always near eachother or staring at eachother. I am very confused as to where he is coming from or if he is truly happy to be with this woman. I feel like maybe he is confused as well .

Thoughts?

however hard it may be, you need to try to let this go. if he's recently started to back off it's for the best, especially if people working with you have noticed. his future is only planned out because he has done it himself and this is what he truly wants. and men who are taken always seem to be slightly more attractive, right? it'll be hard but delete all of his txts and be known as the one who backed off and didn't ruin his relationship with his fiancée.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

It's not like this guy is dating, he's engaged. There are millions of men in the world, the fact that you spend so much time together tends to have this effect on people. He shouldn't be talking to you like this, and you shouldn't let him. Maybe one day this will happen to you and you'll get to see what karma feels like.