+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be upset at my gf if...?

Should I be upset at my gf if...?

I live 30 yards across the street from my girlfriend. Her sister and her husband and niece come to town this upcoming weekend. When I say that she surely must introduce me to her family (that would be the first of her family I would meet) she sounds like she doesn't want to. She always tells me maybe. I literally live 30 yards away. I would be tempted to walk across the street and just ring the doorbell and take it upon myself to introduce myself. But I want to see maybe if she will call me over. If come Sunday and I have not been introduced(and I made the point clear that I don't have to join in on their weekend plans but just desire to meet them briefly) should I be pissed?

ADDITIONAL:

She has met my mom (we all went out to dinner together once), knew my brother before she even met me and has recently met my niece

On top of that I brought up the offer to her to take them all out for a meal and pay for ALL of them. I think thats a gentleman thing to do. Her response was that it was a nice offer but they probably have already over planned their weekend anyway (so esssentially NO). They planned all of their meals? I call bull.

She has told her whole family about me. We were out last Sat. and her sis called. She went out of the noisy area to talk and when she came back she told me her sis said hey. While she was with her sis once she even let her sis text me back and forth once. So we had had a convo but via text.
    Last edited by goliath; 21-09-10 at 11:49 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I were you, I wouldn't be upset. I would be happy.

Some people prefer to keep families separate from their romantic partners. it's just a matter of privacy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I also talked on the phone with her mom once. She told me I had to tell her I wanted to meer her soon. I did

No, you shouldn't be upset. Why don't you ask her why it seems she doesn't want to introduce you?

Also, I know you said you're just tempted to, but taking it upon yourself to go over there while they're visiting would make you a colossal d-bag. Don't do it.

The time to tell her, to show her with your words and sounds and actions, is when you are making love.

Quote Originally Posted by breacliff View Post
    The time to tell her, to show her with your words and sounds and actions, is when you are making love.
    The time to tell her what. How I feel about it?

Ahaha. Yes, you should absolutely start talking about her family when you're making love.

*grunt, thrust*
    I want you...
    *grunt, thrust*
    to...
    *grunt, thrust*
    ...introduce me to your sister
    *grunt, thrust*
    ...and your motherrrr yeahhhhh
    *grunt, thrust*