+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really confused... need help!

Really confused... need help!

Hello everyone, i'm in a position where i'm really confused and not quite sure what to do anymore. Basically I met this girl through my family knowing her family. I sent her a call one day because we both would be attending the same school and I felt it would be a good idea to get to know her before I started school so we'd both at least know someone on our first day. Anyways we both agreed to meet up the next day after the call and spend time together. So I went to her house, spent some time there and we talked, then she came over to my place and I showed her around and after that we walked to the nearby plaza and got a sandwich which I paid for to be polite. I made her laugh etc we were having a good time... anyways we ended up having dinner at her house and it was great, I kinda knew her mom already so I was very comfortable eating dinner there. After dinner we watched a movie and talked and I was really having a great time, she would laugh a lot which made it much easier for me to keep up the conversation, and it was none of the fake laughing either thank goodness! As the night went on she laid her head on my shoulder which I was fine with and told me she really liked me and that she felt comfortable with me. I was confused at why she would say that but I went with it and we ended up watching movies until around 3 in the morning at which point I told her I had to go and that I would give her a call the next day.

Anyways we ended up spending time together almost everyday after that and i'll never forget how much fun I had with her! We went to a party together 2 days after that which was quite fun, she told me that night once again that she really liked me, and I told her I liked her a lot back. On the taxi ride back she grabbed my hand and put her fingers between mine, then laid her head on my shoulder... I was a little drunk and I felt comfortable with her so I just went with it.

Anyways, I had these incredible times with her for 2 weeks until I went to my cottage for a week. The entire week I just could not stop thinking about her and how great she is, and how much I wanted to return and continue having those great moments. I returned with only a week because I had to leave after that to visit family in Australia for 3 weeks. She knew I had only a week, but still we only ended up spending a portion of a day together before I left. I didn't think much of it, I knew she had things of her own to do and that spending time with me would only get in the way of those things! So I left, thinking that we'd have more great times when I got back from my 3 week trip. I am now back from that trip... in school, thinking... what went wrong? I send her texts asking if she'd like to spend some time together, even just to simply study together. Every response is either she's tired from work or at her uncles or aunts or friends or at work or busy. It is incredibly hard to do anything with her anymore... and I know that if she felt the same way that I do she'd make much more of an effort to spend time with me. But why would she lead me on like that? I thought we had some really great times and then all of a sudden i'm just not important anymore.

All I can think about it whether I screwed something up by saying something wrong or not acting a certain way... I feel like i've missed out on a great thing and it's really bothering me. I'm thinking about just letting it all out to her but it's hard to do that and not seem clingy or obnoxious. Maybe I should just not message her anymore until she messages me? I really need some advice because this whole ordeal is just tearing me up inside...

Did you not contact her at all during the four weeks that you were away? She probably thought you lost interest, or maybe she's a bit put-off because she never heard from you.

I agree, if a guy is interested he would still maintain some kind of contact while away. Maybe she thought u were lying about the trip?

I kept in contact with her almost every day using facebook.

The time to tell her, to show her with your words and sounds and actions, is when you are making love.

Thank you Breacliff... but I don't think that's going to help me much with my situation as it is right now...

Here's what I would do, then. Just send her a text that says "Hey, I miss spending time with you. If you ever want to hang out, give me a call. " And then forget about it. She probably won't call back, but at least you gave it one last shot and you can move on to something else.

put the ball in her court. Some times you got to make them make the next move! The only way you will know how they truly feel. If they know the next encounter is up to them... then they either are going to make it happen, or they arnt. Either way, you will have your answer. And I dont mean "well you are busy all the time so if you want to hang out ever again you can call me", that soudns too desperate. you gotta just nonchalantly do it. so that it doesn't seem like your begging her.

call her and tell her the truth about how you feel for her...

I appreciate all the responses but I think i'm just not going to text, or call her again. I'm guessing she liked me at first and thought I was something I wasn't.