+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Deafness and meeting guys..Advice please

katiesweetgirl Guest

Deafness and meeting guys..Advice please

Everywhere I go, I see guys and try to strike a conversation even if I can't hear well. I hate asking the other person to repeat themselves. I like to go where there's quite a few single guys are. More fish in the sea that way so to speak and better chance of meeting someone with common interests. So one place I go to is a local bar where there's some regulars

I want guys to like me for who I am without scaring them off. How do I approach the fact that Im just interested in friendships without making them feel rejected?
    Last edited by katiesweetgirl; 24-09-10 at 12:51 AM.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    You might want to consider these:

1)I don't think going to a bar is a good source for friendship. Bars are for hooking up not for common interests.
    2) It's a bar, there's a lot of noise, even a person without hearing problems sometimes can't hear the other party when they talk. That problem becomes bigger for you.
    3) How can you talk about common interest when you need to shout at each other?
    4) I also don't think going to loud places would be good for your already damaged hearing.

You'd like to talk about stuff right? why not try to meet someone where people talk, instead of getting the wrong ideas about your motives?
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

katiesweetgirl Guest
    I go to other places too, not just bars. I like going to concerts. Probably not good for the damaged hearing I already I have. I've thought about wearing ear plugs to block out some of the noise. Don't know if that would work. The 1 bar that I go to most frequently is small. It does get loud sometimes its quiet when the night is slow. I know a couple people who met their SO in a bar. I guess it all depends where you live.
    in