Okay so I'll try to keep it short. I'm 28 and due to being really shy when I was younger I never dated in high school. Guys did like me, but if they did I always thought it was a mean joke because we never hung out with the same crowd. Only one guy and I sorta did. At the end of high school I started gaining weight. Eventually I graduated in 2001 and I took some time off before going right into college. For a long time I never really traveled with people until my current major. I'm still a good bit socially shy and get nervous a bit around people until I get comfortable around them. Over the past yr I've lost a good bit of weight and so my looks have of course changed. I'm much happier now even though I still have a good bit more weight I want to lose.

I've been more interested in dating and I know a few guys in my town who I've grown up with who are single. I would love to get into dating but I'm a little weary because of my major. I only have at least another yr left until I finish my bachelor's. After that will be job hunting time and I'm interested in a few federal places (I'm a criminal justice major). If I do get accepted to a federal place I will more than likely go to the training center in Glynco, Ga for a few months (only Secret Service isn't there they're in Maryland). I'm in the southeastern part of TN so not too far away. Every fed agency has you sign a contract with agreeing to move wherever they tell you. One place I'm interested in is NCIS and they have locations all over the world.

Since I only have at least another yr left I guess I'm wondering if it's fair to get involved with anyone with my career goals and I'm sure the guys I know and am thinking about all have their own plans. This is also a risky field. I also worry because divorce rate is very high in the police community a lone.

So I'm curious to the guys: should I look into dating guys here where I'm at now? Would you date a girl who was in this field with the risks and the possibility of moving? I'm not looking for anything serious but where feelings get involved things can easily get serious. I would like to get into dating but I also don't want to be unfair to myself and the guy who does get involved with me. Thanks in advanced.