+ Follow This Topic

Thread: any success stories of someone breaking up for a few months and getting back together

any success stories of someone breaking up for a few months and getting back together

any success stories of someone breaking up for a few months and getting back together?

Only happens in the movies.

haha well in the past i did go through a break up with a guy for a month or two (although we texted and kind of kept in touch) and we got back together. Now we broke up again and have not spoke. I wonder if he will come back for me or not?

it happens couple break-up and get back together after months

my cousin got her gf back after 6 months

my friend's bro got back with his gf after 3 months

i myself got back with my gf after 1 month

a person i know got back with her bf after 8 months

nothing is impossible i know there are many pessimist here who will jst say "its lost" move on either they say it because they dont want you to stay in such miserable condition or either they dont have care for your feelings

hey,
    thats great to hear but were these relatives/friends of yours with other people during the break. I know my ex is seeing someone now.
    I think people tell me to move on cause they dont want me to suffer whats going on.

As much as a fairytale moment and what you want at the time.

Deep down it's just a reconnection of a relationship pitful, and a journey to more heart break.

Im getting over an EX, but don't let the person who broke your heart fix it, they'll just smash it again.

well why. like why did he get back together with me in the past only to hurt me again. I thought maybe he realized he really did love me. guess not

we spent 8 years together. I still think he may come back for me..
    what do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by ginastar View Post
    hey,
    thats great to hear but were these relatives/friends of yours with other people during the break. I know my ex is seeing someone now.
    I think people tell me to move on cause they dont want me to suffer whats going on.
    the guy who got back with his ex after 3 months had lost total contact with her as he broke off his sims and changed his number the girl did so but then they got back together as the girl was in her sister school so he asked her sister to get her number and then they talked and were back,well as my far my cousin is concerned her gf also switched off her number they were totally out of contact and as soon as my cousin started to loose hope she suddenly came back one day

and as the story of 8 months is concerned both girl and guy were dating with other people during break-up but they never got the same thing in their heart as they had for eachother so finally got back

alot depends on why you broke up

Quote Originally Posted by ginastar View Post
    we spent 8 years together. I still think he may come back for me..
    what do you think??
    I think there's a good chance that you could get back together, dependent on two things. Have you broken up before? And was there something that you did to cause the breakup?

If you've broken up before, and got back together (my situation with my boyfriend of two years, we broke up about a year into it, got back together about 2 months later, then broke it off for good a year following that), I doubt its likely you could be reconciled a second time.

If he broke it off because he was unsure of the relationship, ambivalent, etc then there's a good chance I think that you could reconcile, 8 years is a long time, and familiarity is comforting. On the other hand, after that long together, he might find the romantic company of other women an exciting and appealing prospect. The second issue is did you do something to cause the breakup? Did you cheat on him, etc.. some more information would be greatly appreciated

I didnt cheat on him. and yes we have broken up before but I know very well that he was not close with any other girls during that break and this time he seems to be getting close to this girl he is seeing. He sees her a few times a week and does things with her that he used to do with me. He obv likes her but at the same time I do think its exciting for him like you said. He prob enjoys trying to get this girl to like him when he knew very well that he had me practically wrapped around his finger. I guess time will only tell or do you think he really likes this girl enough to stay with her since he is doing things w her that he used to do with me?