+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Complicated Meet The Parents Situation(NEED HELP)

A Complicated Meet The Parents Situation(NEED HELP)

K hi hi im new here n_n
    to starts thing off I'm 17,and Ive been dating my boyfriend now for almost a year now.The only issue is that I have strict over protectitive parents and to them I'm the only baby girl.They dont let me hang out with my friends or anything like that and they think boys now a days are just about sex.Needless to say I had to keep the relationship a secret.On the other hand,his parents know about me and are much much more looser with him.They been wanting to see me for a while and its been hard to do so with my parents iron fist around my throat.Lately though they have been easing up and letting me go out a little more and find more trust in me since im going to college soon.

So heres the problem.
    How should I tell my mom that I have a boyfriend and want to introduce him to her? To her this would be my first time ever(really isnt) and we been dating for a year now behind her back....should I gradually hint to her that I have a crush and one day bring flowers saying he asked me out? or should i just say im going out with a nice guy? my mom is very judgemental and critical so a wrong move and ill be scroned.
    Also,what should I do when I finally meet his parents? they been wanting to see me for awhile.would i have to explain to them the reason why it took so long?

HEEEEEELLLLLLP!!!

Please? even just opinions

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your parents aren't "over-protective". They are responsible parents. It shouldn't surprise you that his parents are more lenient since he can't personally get pregnant, and he is less at risk for dating violence. Keeping that in mind, you should tell your parents you really like a boy, and he likes you, too, and because you love them (your parents), you want them to meet the boy, and want to negotiate some dating rules so you can have some experience before going off to college where they won't be protecting you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You'll be 18 soon. If they don't trust you enough with a guy now, how can they imagine you'll be responsible enough to make it on your own?

Don't tell them

I wouldn't worry about it too much, The flower idea is a pretty good one though I think. She doesnt have to know how LONG you guys have been dating. Just say that you have been FRIENDS for a while and he finally asked you out before you went to college or something.

As far as meeting his parents, I wouldn't worry about that too much. Usually guys parents will get along with anybody, they will not be judging you I dont think. Just be yourself and you will be fine