+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it really work...

Does it really work...

Does the whole 'treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen' thing really work for you men?

Im having troubles with my boyfriend and starting to think my only option is to keep a distance with him and act like i am not phased by it all. I do everything for my boyfriend, i cook his tea, i fetch his drinks, i clean his clothes, i tidy up after him constantly.. i pack his lunch for work, you name it i do it. . . . I was recently diagnosed with a rare form of anemia and had to have a bone marrow biopsy.. i struggled to walk for a few days and my illness makes me really tired, i also suffer from depression so suffer from low moods also.. when im having a bad day or when i feel like i need to rest or even just after my biopsy, my boyfriend didnt help me at all. Instead he went out with friends. When he is with his friend, he gets stoned. I have told him from day 1 (we've been together a year and half) that i dont like him doing it and coming home to me as he gets in some real states.. its never been an issue as he stopped until this last few months where he goes out every weekend with his pals and comes home stoned at 4/5 in the morning...
    He works through the week and shattered afterwards, when hes at home he sits on his laptop constantly... so we never really get chance to spend time together, so i would like to at the weekends, yet my boyfriend.. no matter what i suggest doing, goes out with his friends to sit in a carpark from mi-day till early hours the next day. He is 22 and i feel he should be abit more grown up personally.

Also i always feel as though i have pressured my boyfriend into sleeping with me. Sex is always insinuated by me.. and i would like to be jumped on every once in a while..when we do have sex, he doesn't touch me.. i have tried sexy underware, toys, trying to get him in the mood in different places, absolutely everything i can think of... but whilst we are having sex i dont enjoy it because its been such an effort to get him interested...

i have tried talking to him but nothing EVER changes. He says it will but it never does.. he's starting to make me feel really unappreciated and unattractive. I was considering just playing him at his own game and not acting interested in him, but does this really work?

is my boyfriend just too comfy?
    or simply bored of me?

Ya, u should imo. I mean u tried evrything pretty much.. so, just focus on urself and ur happiness. good luck

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say it's time to get a new boyfriend
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Yeah, don't waste time trying to manipulate him into being a decent human being. He sounds like a selfish, unreliable loser. Find somebody who will truly appreciate you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

do you feel the guy you're dating is the best you can do?

not really no.
    i know im a nice person, i will do anything for anyone which is why i get myself into such relationships! .... i get told i am attractive.
    i just have no idea why my boyfriend is like this with me.

stop wasting your time trying to fix a doomed relationship and instead find someone who will help you explore new heights and depths. There is so much out there to experience and you're still stuck trying to get the damn car off the cinder blocks

Jeez dump the useless ****er - you deserve better than that

Can I just say your boyfriend is a completly ass?
    You cooked for him, cleaned is things, did everything expectable from a good wife and besides you're attractive and want sex more than he does.
    How could exist such dumb and self-centered guys completly surpasses me.
    Now you need help and he plays on his laptop or go out and gets stoned with is mates while you grief in pain?
    What more can be said...dump the bastard.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

stop doing EVERYTHING for your boyfriend, you're not his mom. . . let him take care of himself, focus on yourself and your problems and then focus on others
    you don't like his 'stoned', you tell this from the beginning and you're still with him? . . .why do you put up with it?
    you don't seem to do anything boyfriend/girlfriend . . .so how exactly are you boyfriend/girlfriend?
    and sex isn't even that great?

MOVE ON . . .he's not worth you.

Seconded - dump the idiot - you deserve better

If what you have written is true you should leave him and move on.

I don't think he is bored on you. This does not reflect on you at all. You sound like a great girlfriend. He is just who he is. He is someone who is not going to change his ways unless he wants to. He does what he wants when he wants. He is not fully mature unfortunately. There is no saying when he will be. He is not very compassionate or considerate. You are wonderful and deserve better.

Ok, you need to read the book " Why men love Bitches" I just got out of a similar relationship, I was wayyy to nice.. the book is 20bucks.. and it is worth it.. trust me!

This thread just like that that other one with the Konart girl or whatever makes me laugh out loud. Seriously. I know a lot of people type "lol" but I laughed out loud for real. I'm actually kind of thankful for the laughs.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 12-10-10 at 12:54 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast