+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gift

Gift

This may be an odd question to ask here. my boyfriend and I haven't been together long, but it's the best relationship I've ever had and he is the sweetest, most wonderful guy I have ever known. He has told me the same and he really thinks we are meant to be together, we have even discussed getting married in a year or so. Anyway, his birthday and christmas are really close together and I am trying to get him something special. I know I'm getting an early start but I want to make sure I'm not rushing last minute and like to get my Christmas shopping done early anyways. My ideas so far are a gift certificate for us to have dinner at his favorite restaurant, and the other I'm trying to be unique with and make sure it's something really meaningful. There is a room in his house he keeps saying he needs to get a clock for because when we are together, talking and trying to watch the time we either have to use our cell phones or go in the other room. So I thought I'd get him a nice desk clock with a poem or something engraved on it. I found a website that sells clocks and engraves them, so now I just need to figure out what to put on it. First, what do you think about this idea? Second, does anyone know of a fairly short poem that has something to do with love, and time? Something along the lines of 'time seems to stop when i'm with you' or 'my love for you grows stronger every minute' or anything even close, really.
    Thanks!

I think that's an awesome idea; definitely one of the most unique gifts I've heard of. I wouldn't go with an overly romantic engraving in case things don't work out between you two. He might throw the clock away. Instead, I would put something like "the best memories are timeless" or something along those lines

Thank you! I found a quote that looks perfect. "Love knows not what time is"
    Any other ideas? I think I may get him one more thing, not too expensive

I personally believe that you guys are in a serious relationship if you both are discussing about getting [url=http://www.chacha.com/topic/married]married[/url] and I believe that any gift is special regardless of the size or the cost etc. Finding the perfect [url=http://www.chacha.com/topic/boyfriend]boyfriend gifts[/url] can be tricky, Choose something that he will remember, something he can keep and look back and cherish.

whatever you do, make it personal and make it an exclusive gift (that is only you could give it to him and he is the only one who could receive it)

personally that giftcard for a restaurant idea was very good, a mutual activity . . . . and that clock idea is also great, whenever he needs to know the time he is reminded of you

very good ideas!