+ Follow This Topic

Thread: yay or nay: girlfriend let a guy move in with her.

yay or nay: girlfriend let a guy move in with her.

I've been with my gf for a little under a year now and she's been friends with this guy for roughly the same time, maybe a bit longer. I've only met him once at a party and he's cool in my book, but I don't really know him. I know he's single.

The thing that bothers me is she didn't even ask me to move in with her but she let some guy move in?

She doesn't look like the cheating type but I find it really weird that she let this go through without even telling me about it until after he agreed to move in.

I don't know how to feel about this. I told her I didn't like it, and I didn't like how I wasn't even aware this was happening until it did. She got annoyed and told me it's nothing that will come between us.

I just don't like this.

It's not that I find it sketchy (which it kind of is) but that I wasn't even told about it or she never told me about it or her having money problems and needed a roommate to help pay bills...nothing.

It is strange. She should told you at least why. I think something going on

She could just be naive. My girlfriend and I weren't ready to move in together until we had been dating for three years. During those first three years, she lived in a two-bedroom apartment near a college campus, so she had a lot of turnover in roommates. On two separate occasions, she had a male roommate fora while. I was uncomfortable with it, but I trusted her and things worked out without any problems.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Vince I think you're a BIG exception to this. WHY wouldn't she talk to you about moving a guy into her place? Come on, why wouldn't anyone at least mention this to their significant other? Sure maybe it's all harmless and she's trying to help him out, but man she has a dirty way of operating. I would keep my eyes open if I were you, but the problem is going to be what you cant see. I can see mis-trust rapidly growing in your relationship now.

Normally, I tend to worry about things like this, but I knew my girlfriend well enough to trust her. Actually, the one time I got really paranoid was when she had a female friend living there for free in addition to a female roommate, and that was because the female friend was acting suspiciously. Then I found out that the female friend was just staying there temporarily as refuge from an abusive boyfriend and so had some issues with guys in general.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I once let a guy friend move in with me and there was absolutley nothing going on between us. He was just a friend and was not my type at all. I was doing him a favour and because he had no place to go and I'd felt sorry for him.

Think about it. If she wanted him, why is she with you and when she could so obviously be with him? Some women are just soft touches.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    Vince I think you're a BIG exception to this. WHY wouldn't she talk to you about moving a guy into her place? Come on, why wouldn't anyone at least mention this to their significant other? Sure maybe it's all harmless and she's trying to help him out, but man she has a dirty way of operating. I would keep my eyes open if I were you, but the problem is going to be what you cant see. I can see mis-trust rapidly growing in your relationship now.
    I missed that part where she forgot to tell her guy...

Dunno what to think now then. Surely she must have known her guy would find out.

Perhaps she didn't tell him and because she knew how he'd react....but still.

Lol i'd freak out.

I think it's odd that she didn't say anything to you either?

Personally I'd rather have a female room mate than a guy room mate. I wasn't ready to move in with a college girl friend but actually moved in with one of her best friends, never was an issue.