+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really need an opinion

Really need an opinion

I just found this forum and it looks great. Hopefully I can get some help..here's the deal:

I've been with my girlfriend for around 4 years now. We started dating right after we graduated high school and we just graduated college. To keep the story short, we both went to the same university but I went home across the country during summers and I'm home now since I have graduated. She is in grad school and hoping to move after she finishes her 2 years.

Two summers ago, my girlfriend and I went through a rough patch in our relationship. She worked at a summer camp and towards the end of the summer, slowly fell for a guy. She of course denied this and I started to go crazy. She was spending immense amounts of time with this, during camp and almost every day after camp. I knew something was going on but when you live across the country, it's hard to verify this information. Thinking that it was just a side effect of a long distance relationship I was really excited to fly back out, begin school, and have everything go back to normal. Unfortunately when I flew out, my suspicions were confirmed and things were not the same between us. See didn't want to kiss me, cuddle...the normal things a relationship of 2 years would imply. I was miserable and broke it off. About a month later, we were back together. She PROMISED me nothing had happened between them. I specifically told her that I would not get back with her if I found out that they had kissed, hooked up in any way, and of course had sex.

Last night, I find out that they held hands and kissed (she says for 0.5 seconds...not sure if I believe that). The problem is.. we weren't together. She says that that kiss made her realize she truly loved me yada yada. I don't really buy that 100% because before we got back together, I saw a text where he told her he couldn't wait to hang out with her 24 hours a day during the next break and I'm pretty sure she agreed. (she knows i saw that).

We've had an unbelievably good 2 years after we got back together but knowing this information obviously hurts more than I've imagined. She's promised me she's a changed person after this event and has never ever cheated on me before or after this happened. I know I have a right to be upset because she lied many times about it but what do you guys think I should do? I obviously love her but this is hitting me hard? The problem was we weren't technically together so the kiss wasn't cheating but I felt like I was emotionally cheated on the whole summer...and now with the holding hands thing I definitely felt like I was cheated on. I know she'd slaughter me if she saw me holding a co-workers hand. PLEASE HELP MEEEEE

By the way, we are both 22 years old, no kids, not married. (just in case that's necessary info).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what do you consider your options to be?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think writing all that out helped me vent and think things through. I texted her telling everything will be ok and I love her and she was very relieved

Wait, this happened two years ago? I mean.. I know you only foiund out about this recently then, but seriously, you'd even think to break off a relationship that's been great for two years after just for this? That'd be ridiculous. Just my two cents here, but honestly, you'll find a place for this info, so yeah you did good telling her it'd be ok.