+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When I was a kid...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

When I was a kid...

When I was a kid my mom made me see a psychologist. She gave me a hypothetical situation. "Little Betty Sue was made fun of at school because she wears glasses! This made her very sad. At home she misplaced her favorite doll, Mrs. Butterscotch! She looked and looked but Mrs. Butterscotch was nowhere to be found. This has been the very worst day of Little Betty Sue's life. What, oh what should she do?"

The psychologist handed me a #2 pencil and slid a sheet of wide ruled paper my way. She told me to draw by response. So I drew Little Betty Sue blowing her brains out with a semi-automatic handgun.

That went over well.

Now your turn.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

When I was a kid.. my dad used to beat the living daylights out of me.

Now that I'm older I still can't look him in the eye with a grain of dignity or respect. What kind of a low life loser beats a defenseless child.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

When I was a kid I had imaginary friends... they are better than my real ones.

Woowee where do I start? When I was a kid my parents told me NOT to hit other kids in school NO MATTER WHAT. They said to run to the office and report it even if the other person was hitting me all the way there. It caused me many problems including a violent streak that I have to manage. They regret saying that very much and wish they'd have said differently.

I also NEVER fit in when I was a kid..... NEVER! That has only changed now that I really don't give a rat's ass about what most people think, which makes me not notice whether I "fit in" or not. Not to mention that I've got an ass whipping on tap that I've been dying to give to someone for a long time. I think I'll actually have to hold back a bit when that day comes or I might end up in jail for a long long time.
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-10-10 at 12:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Gribble's post made me think of a particular incident in elementary school where we were asked to draw a picture of something we wished for. Some drew ponies, and some drew rainbows. I drew the elementary school on fire with flaming bodies falling out of the windows and the school's name sign broken and destroyed laying on the grass in front of all the carnage. Needless to say my parents were called and a conference held within the hour. Thank god that was pre-Columbine. They probably would have had me institutionalized. I drew the picture because I hated the school, hated the ignorant abusive kids there, and was not challenged academically. Once they realized that I wasn't drawing something that I planned on trying to do I was excused from the conference.

Did I kill the thread? There isn't anyone else that wants to contribute? I thought that there would be a lot of contributers to this thread.

When I was a kid, I was made fun of because I was a little over weight. I lost my mother (she was the only 1 that really gave a shit about me) at 9 years old & had to deal with the wicked ass witch of the west for a stepmother. As I got older, I got used for money/my generosity I had by friends & even my nasty ass family. Went through a couple stupid worthless relationships & am still stupid enough to think relationships work.

Now though I don't give a shit about what people think of me, how I live my life etc. Then though, it hurt like hell & most certainly shaped how I see the world & people in general now that I'm much older.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was a kid I drew a comic strip containing all my friends wearing ridiculous outfits that accentuated their nipples and groins. I drew them in risque positions. I also drew a monster with tentacle penises sprouting from its head that one guy killed by crushing its head between his thighs. Some little girl found it and screamed. I had to talk to a nun about homosexuality, which I was too young to really understand, aside from the fact that it made me chuckle.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was a kid , I forgot to feed my hamster... For a week ... Well I forgot about my hamster at all. I reminded myself of him too late :/
    I wazzzz here

Life was so careless when I was a kid.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a dinosaur. Kids made fun of me for that, so I never fit in. So I spent my recess collecting bugs. I brought empty peanut butter jars to school and walked around in the forest around campus during the 30 minute recess. It was forbidden to leave the eyesight of the chaperon, but I took a risk. I put the jars in my book bag and took them home with me. I left them under my bed until the bugs died, which were usually beetles of some kind. I named them after people in the class I didn't like. When they died, I put them in cardboard boxes with cotton lining. I did this for years without my mom's knowledge, and when she found out I told her it was just a collection. She didn't like the idea of that so she made me get rid of them.

That is really interesting. I spent most of my recesses looking at bugs because I didn't fit in. If I did take any home (from school or otherwise) I usually kept them in a makeshift terrarium composed of empty mayonnaise jars and toilet paper rolls. I typically kept crickets. Most died because of their lifespan. I kept them well fed, well watered, and changed their sand/dirt regularly to get rid of droppings. I did that for years until I was old enough to get a job and afford lizards. I think the most inventive thing I did for the crickets was buy a tank and set it up as a town. In the center of the 'cricket town' was the main water area and a bunch of thimble sized baskets that I kept their oats in. The baskets even had little tops. The crickets hid in the logs and would come into the town square to drink and eat oats. LOL What a social misfit I was

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I remember studding an anthill with pebbles until it looked like a castle with sloping walls of stone. I wanted to reinforce it in case the ants were besieged. I also remember digging sticks into anthills and watching the little buggers swarm frantically. There was always this tough layer that, with persistence, I could penetrate. My stick would plunge deeper and when I withdrew it the tip would be covered in little white larvae. I also remember chasing girls around the playground with caterpillars. I bet I could write something Freudian about that.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

When I was a kid, I was romantic. I didn't believe in cooties, so I used to write love notes to all the girls in class. We boys were outnumbered, almost dually by the girls. I took advantage of that.

When I was a kid I was always afraid of getting older... I didn't want to become a teenager or adult, I was happy with being that little boy. Sometimes I would try to make myself really bored because when you're bored time goes by slower, so I thought that was my ticket to staying as young as I was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast