+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish more people saw this video

I wish more people saw this video

I actually saw this video on Facebook. It is apparently shown in Australia, but it should be shown in the US since most americans learn almost everything from fashion to social skills from TV.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHCuA0KnITY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHCuA0KnITY[/URL]
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-10-10 at 12:57 AM.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Interesting, I don't remember seeing this before
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Really nice commercial
    I wazzzz here

Like father like son.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I watched that commercial . . . kid behaviour usually tells much about parent behaviour

^^^Exactly. I really do wish that this was shown in the US. Most people here are like mindless robots who get their programming through watching TV. Its sad really. Perhaps if they saw something that was truly thought provoking like that commercial a few would think about their actions.

so true. that's why we don't have a tv. my little girl will be spared tv's trashy teachings, thankfully.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Wow, that's really proactive of you. I don't have cable and refuse to get it, which most people scoff at. Are your children the only reason you don't have a TV?

no. we haven't had a tv in years.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate TV. No way I'd let my children watch it. I'll have TV shows and movies I've selected for them available on occasion, but they will not sit in front of a screen for the most formative years of their lives, blandly flipping through channels, filling their heads with the idiot culture of America. My children aren't going to grow up worshiping sluts and drug addicts, their heroes won't be "athletes" pumped full of steroids.

My kids will be the nerds. The ones who get picked on in elementary school and high school. I'll make sure they know the kids who mock them today are the adults who will call them sir and ma'am tomorrow.
    Last edited by Gribble; 12-10-10 at 12:45 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kids these days don't care about TV. It's all about the 'net, and if the kid is male, video games.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Gribble! You will reproduce ???
    I wazzzz here

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not intentionally. I wouldn't wish life on this planet upon anyone.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Kids these days don't care about TV. It's all about the 'net, and if the kid is male, video games.
    Whaaa? I don't know about the kids in your area, but TV is most kids' parents these days. Sure they surf the net and play video games, but shows like 'The sweet life of whatever whatever' and 'nonsense like 'Phineas and Ferb' are like gods to them. Its sick. I've been over to see my brother/sister in laws and their kids go to bed with the TV on, wake up and watch TV, eat breakfast with the TV on , and then go right back upstairs and watch for hours. My older niece is getting fat and both nieces don't care to go outside much. Whenever they are forced to go outside the younger one just sits on the step pouting until we tell them they can come in. The older one will do some things, but is quickly tired and/or bored. They both return to their cable TV and animated nonsense channels as soon as they come back in. I can clearly see that they watch too much TV when my 8 year old daughter is talking to them and the 11 year old doesn't even know/understand half the words that she uses. Urgh...
    Last edited by Incognito; 12-10-10 at 08:36 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Whaaa? I don't know about the kids in your area, but TV is most kids' parents these days. Sure they surf the net and play video games, but shows like 'The sweet life of whatever whatever' and 'nonsense like 'Phineas and Ferb' are like gods to them. Its sick. I've been over to see my brother/sister in laws and their kids go to bed with the TV on, wake up and watch TV, eat breakfast with the TV on , and then go right back upstairs and watch for hours. My older niece is getting fat and both nieces don't care to go outside much. Whenever they are forced to go outside the younger one just sits on the step pouting until we tell them they can come in. The older one will do some things, but is quickly tired and/or bored. They both return to their cable TV and animated nonsense channels as soon as they come back in. I can clearly see that they watch too much TV when my 8 year old daughter is talking to them and the 11 year old doesn't even know/understand half the words that she uses. Urgh...
    Do they have a computer? My boy never DID care much for TV (of course, he's not a computer addict, either. He's too physically active.) My girl gave up the TV when she got her computer. I can't even get her to watch a movie nowadays. Maybe it's a west coast thing?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast