+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm freaking out.

I'm freaking out.

For my husband's birthday he wanted to get racing lessons at a track. I bought them, and he is scheduled to go next week. He is really excited, he's always liked this kind of thing, and I'm totally freaking out.
    It's a two day event, and I just worry for his safety. One wrong move at 100 mph and he's maimed or dead. I try to tell myself that it will be okay, he has an instructor, but it does little to help.
    One of my biggest worries is that he is taking my car, because he likes it more. My car has the engine in the back and I'm just not sure the school will teach him the right way to drive the car because they don't specialize, they are teaching every kind of car.
    I would never make him cancel but I'm worried sick.
    I am also worried about the car.

Hmmm ... I would be worried too.

Proper race cars will have some kind of a roll cage to protect the driver.
    The racing classes using normal road cars that I know of are done by the manufacturers who are then familiar with their cars.

Are these reputable people with proper safety procedures ?

You shouldn't be worried. I guarantee he'll be safer driving and 100 mph under instruction than driving on the freeway at 60 mph surrounded by a bunch of crazy drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    Hmmm ... I would be worried too.

Proper race cars will have some kind of a roll cage to protect the driver.
    The racing classes using normal road cars that I know of are done by the manufacturers who are then familiar with their cars.

Are these reputable people with proper safety procedures ?
    I know that it is at a track, so I'm sure there has to be some form of certification. There was another track I wanted him to go to because they specialized in my car but for two days it was $1500, and we are spending less than a third of that on the one my husband signed up with. I told him I would rather him go to the other one, but he says it was a waste of money for the same instruction. I don't think I have a roll cage, the car doesn't offer much protection if there is a big crash, it's small.
    That being said, my husband is smart and competent.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    You shouldn't be worried. I guarantee he'll be safer driving and 100 mph under instruction than driving on the freeway at 60 mph surrounded by a bunch of crazy drivers.
    That is an interesting way to look at it I guess.

You got a Porsche? MR2? what has an engine in the back? Maybe they will put him in a American muscle car so you won't have to worry cause he won't pass 30mph around a corner or maybe you should cause when he does his life is forfeit.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 10-10-10 at 01:23 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

It's a 2007 Lotus Exige S.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    It's a 2007 Lotus Exige S.
    Ok never mind, that is pretty quick on a track. My legs don't fit in that car lol but I like them. He'll be good if he has an instructor. I race on a race track regularly during the good season and it isn't as dangerous as some people think. As long as he doesn't act stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Ok never mind, that is pretty quick on a track. My legs don't fit in that car lol but I like them. He'll be good if he has an instructor. I race on a race track regularly during the good season and it isn't as dangerous as some people think. As long as he doesn't act stupid.
    I just hope the instruction is adequate. Because of where the engine is it's pretty easy to fishtail around a turn because people make the mistake of slowing down in them. I'm also worried because its a class so other people will be out there, probably men, and you know how guys show off. One of my biggest fears is to lose him. He is a super good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    I just hope the instruction is adequate. Because of where the engine is it's pretty easy to fishtail around a turn because people make the mistake of slowing down in them. I'm also worried because its a class so other people will be out there, probably men, and you know how guys show off. One of my biggest fears is to lose him. He is a super good husband and father.
    He will be fine. Yes we can be competitive on a stupid level sometimes. You won't lose him and I am sure the instructor will tell him where to go flat out and were to hold back. Let the guy live a little . If I had a wife and she gave me this gift I would give her oral sex for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    He will be fine. Yes we can be competitive on a stupid level sometimes. You won't lose him and I am sure the instructor will tell him where to go flat out and were to hold back. Let the guy live a little . If I had a wife and she gave me this gift I would give her oral sex for a month.
    I wouldn't post that here unless you're ready for serious fan mail.

lol

If they were crappy instructors and didn't help guide clients to avoid accidents, they would probably be out of business a long time ago.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Talk about licking privates
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Talk about licking privates
    You were just waitin for the right moment to spring that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast