+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he really into me?

Is he really into me?

The guy and I have met 9 months ago through the internet. Right from the start we hit off and we saw each other non stop on the weekends for 4 weeks in a row. Through out that time we msned each other and texted each other. Then I left for a holiday overseas for 4 weeks. I found I really missed him deeply. When I got back he avoided me altogether. He never contacted and after 3 weeks I messaged him to get my stuff back. He gave it back to me and that was it. It felt like the 4 weeks never existed. I wrote him letters and expressed how I felt. We finally agreed to meet up one morning and my conclusion was to just be friends. So that morning I told him we were to be friends only. He didn't want to and tried to stop me from just being friends. I told him that we aren't spending enough time and we live very far apart. He said we could meet in the mornings if he was rostered at my area. He was a truck driver. I told him only as friends. He tried everything not to go back to friends stage only. In the end he gave up and said he has been really busy with school and in November it will finish. If we are still single in November than to get in touch and maybe should go out...... I was sad becos I didnt want to let him go. So I wrote a long letter expressing how much he really meant. My neice who is 13 years old realised that Aunty was sad and crying and messaged him on facebook telling what did he do to make Aunty cry.
    We continued to meet up in mornings to talk as friends.....It was around once a week or every two weeks. When either of us had a problem we would catch up. At that time I was going on dates but the other guys didn't have the same kind of effect as him.
    Then 4 weeks ago a workmate made me cry......I didn't know wot to do but I called him and he talked to me. We started to email each other again and at times I would call him. He arranged to surprise me at my place but due to classes that friday he couldn't make it. Then the next friday he organised to come. He was very affectionate. Before he came he had been telling me how he missed me and lately started to think about me so much. He even teased me about baking cakes. Then he came that friday.Surprised me a piece of his home made chocolate cake. But he left early the next morning.. I was wondering why couldn't he spend more time with me. But we still emailed each other and talked. Through the emails and talk he was stating he was missing me. Then we arranged to meet again on friday.I decided to go over to his place becos I wanted to help him with his paperwork for the truck.It was beautiful.He didn't work that day and baked me a butter cake with sulatanas. I told him I didn't like sultanas and he took it out. We hung out with his friends and he revealed why he pushed me away. Due to some misunderstanding. I wanted to stay longer to talk but he told me to go home and feed mydoggies. That to put things on email. I wrote him a long letter. Prior to all this I had tested him and found out that he clarified us as more than just friends. That he was only seeing me and no one else. He wasn't looking and had only me. I wasnt happy with that response and in the letter also clarified that if we weren't serious then I have the freedom of choice to date and still see other men.
    He came back with a response that he was only seeing me and if told me that things will change becos I was still going out on dates with other men.
    I tried to tell him that they were purely friendship and there was nothing physical with these other men. Just purely coffees etc. He got angry. I got angy. I clarified that I wasn't like the other females who would go round sleeping with other men and if couldn't trust me and and misunderstood for that type of person.Then we should just only be friends and no relationships should further.

I tried to call him the next day but he doesnt talk and is still angry at me. Am I doing the right thing? I really like him but in a male's point of view?Is it really over? He doesn't talk to me..I have given up trying to contact him...Shall I just move on? I know he has had baggage in the past that hurt him or am I giving him excuse to stay?
    Please what shall I do?Is he really into me?

Give it up and move on. If he cannot trust you then what do you have? - diddly squat. You deserve better.

Speaking honest I believe he is confused and feels that you do not like him. Men are very straightforward. You told him many times that you just wanted to be friends. He assumes you do not see him in the romantic way that he sees you. Do you just want friendship with him? It sounds like he wants a fully committed relationship and does not want to get hurt by you if you are unsure.

And to answer the thread title. Yes he is REALLY into you.

Quote Originally Posted by chly28 View Post
    I tried to tell him that they were purely friendship and there was nothing physical with these other men. Just purely coffees etc. He got angry. I got angy. I clarified that I wasn't like the other females who would go round sleeping with other men and if couldn't trust me and and misunderstood for that type of person.Then we should just only be friends and no relationships should further.

I tried to call him the next day but he doesnt talk and is still angry at me. Am I doing the right thing? I really like him but in a male's point of view?Is it really over? He doesn't talk to me..I have given up trying to contact him...Shall I just move on? I know he has had baggage in the past that hurt him or am I giving him excuse to stay?
    Please what shall I do?Is he really into me?
    That first paragraph is all you really need . . . you know what to do. And yes, you are doing the right thing. . . if he can't trust you then please move on.

But to answer the topic question, yeah, he's kinda into you but he's not really relationship potential - try and find someone more stable.

Thank you for all your advice.....Its been hard and terrible as I know how much I am into him......Its been like over a week and I finally realised awhole lot of things.....He was angry because he felt insecure....I think he has really low self esteem and reacted that way because I have a feeling deep down he was into me and didn't realised it. I finally made up the courage to call him and maybe resolve it for once and for all. Clear things up and also if it weren't meant to be then I know the best remedy for myself is to move on. He was at first reluctant to talk to me and told him we really needed to talk. He told me he will be really busy with his final two weeks of school with his course and won't think about it until after his final exams.......
    I asked him if he received the package I sent him. My little neice and nephew and I chose the little teddy bear from Toy story 3 Lotsa for him. I sent it with a note telling him we all picked it at the show/fair in Australian terms and that reminded us of him. He asked if I really thought he was into teddy bears? I said he meant something special to me and Ithought of him as a special lucky teddy bear. There was a pause at the end of it.
    Anyways i feel maybe I have let out too much more emotion and I will give both of us time to think and clarify where we are both at in our lives. I know I will let nature run its course and if we were meant to be we will. But that won't still stop me from enjoying my own life and doing the things I have set out to do....I do miss him really bad but as they say time will mend a broken heart.....
    Thank you all for the time and effort to hear me out......